• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted 29mm fiberglass nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upsrocketman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 29mm fiberglass nosecone. I would prefer a conical nosecone but would take almost anything. Working on a 29mm minimum diameter project and can't seem to find anyone that has a nosecone in stock.

I'm looking for a 29mm fiberglass nosecone. I would prefer a conical nosecone but would take almost anything. Working on a 29mm minimum diameter project and can't seem to find anyone that has a nosecone in stock.
ken had a 4:1 ogive gel-coat when I saw him about a month ago. He had 2 and I bought the other. He didn;t even know he had them, so best to email him about it. But maybe someone on here has one.

I made molds for this one, it's about 5.5:1 Ogive. I lay them up by hand with epoxy resin so they usually need some filling. I can make you some if it will work for you. George T
View attachment 619306
I'd be willing to give it a try! Filling doesn't bother me, I just need something lighter than my solid urethane nosecone that can handle mach1+. I had thought about making my own nosecones as well, but not yet having the experience I did not want to try it for something like this yet.

Nice! If you're still on the hunt when the holidays hit feel free to PM me. I have a 5:1 von Karmen mold and also a couple extra printed (PETG) 5:1 von Karmen's lying around.

Back