21 years is a long time to wait, I know...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want to announce until we had copies in-hand. Some will be available at LDRS.
1627138215297.png

Note: This is still an introductory book, for those just starting homemade propellants. Main changes are:

• Detailed instructions for basic propellants using either the HTPB or the PBAN binder systems.
• Focus on 38 mm motors instead of 29 mm for initial efforts.
• Formulas and data for other PBAN and HTPB propellants: red flame; blue flame; pourable; low smoke; black smoke; white smoke.
• Many more illustrations, tables, and (color!) photos.
• Information on chemicals: drying, storage, and useful life.
• A method of sieving with reduced dust.
• A curative calculator and chamber-pressure estimator in PROPEL 2.0.
• Descriptions of additional initiator types and five dip formulas.
• Drawings and dimensions for both delay-well and plugged forward closures.
• Less emphasis on motor delays (not as important with today’s inexpensive altimeters).
• Improved nozzle design for reloadable motors.
• Dimensions for single-use and reloadable-motor nozzles.
• Vertical thrust stand design that uses inexpensive straight-beam load cells.
• Detailed description of characterization of a propellant.

Awesome @prfesser
Can't wait to get my hands on it!!
How can I order, I won't be able to go to LDRS.
Thanks for all your efforts on these books.(Have my copy of ECP open and in front of me right now :) )
Dave

Not that I don't want to sell books...but the second edition is still intended as an introduction to propellant/motor making. For those who are already into that activity, it may not provide much that's new. Though I'll be happy if you buy it anyway... :)

Best -- Terry

Not that I don't want to sell books...but the second edition is still intended as an introduction to propellant/motor making. For those who are already into that activity, it may not provide much that's new. Though I'll be happy if you buy it anyway... :)
I find that different views of the same material eventually get through to me.

I doubt I will ever get into making my own motors, but I've been thinking about buying a copy of this book for a while just to read for fun. I'm glad I put it off now. :clapping:
I’m in the same boat. I doubt I’ll ever make my own, but I’d like to learn more about it.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I will be at LDRS all day Thursday and Friday, but I'm sure Dave Rose will be there to sell books in my absence. Printing prices have gone up a bit and the book is now 300 pages instead of 250. The LDRS special price of $55 will be honored for a bit after LDRS, Dave and I haven't discussed how long yet.

The last of the 45 copies of ECP 2e that were brought to LDRS sold this afternoon. Dave has about 150 more copies at home, and as soon as the web page is modified for 2e, it will be available online. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Also, in lieu of a disk containing the Propel 2.0 Excel notebook, that file will be placed on the web for free download. For everyone.

Best -- Terry

Back