$21.99 Der Big Red Max Kit on Amazon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn... How can something go on sale for at Amazon for less than a day? It's back up for $56 and change (making it $57), and I've never seen it cheaper than that which irks me no end. However, I ordered a Big Daddy from Amazon for my "American Daddy" project and got it for under $24 and now Amazon is telling me it's now $37+ -- just in the nick of time I guess... I think Amazon just likes ripping me off. I rarely get any kind of deal, and what makes me really mad is that I see them changing the prices on me. If I'm at work on a PC where they don't know it's "me", Amazon's prices of stuff is generally lower than when I log in with my phone to go buy it and then they see my account and raise the price. 29mm retainers? $10.50 on "anonymous" PC, and $12.99 when I log in with my phone. Seriously Amazon, you are losing me as a customer if you keep this up.

Damn... How can something go on sale for at Amazon for less than a day? It's back up for $56 and change (making it $57), and I've never seen it cheaper than that which irks me no end. However, I ordered a Big Daddy from Amazon for my "American Daddy" project and got it for under $24 and now Amazon is telling me it's now $37+ -- just in the nick of time I guess... I think Amazon just likes ripping me off. I rarely get any kind of deal, and what makes me really mad is that I see them changing the prices on me. If I'm at work on a PC where they don't know it's "me", Amazon's prices of stuff is generally lower than when I log in with my phone to go buy it and then they see my account and raise the price. 29mm retainers? $10.50 on "anonymous" PC, and $12.99 when I log in with my phone. Seriously Amazon, you are losing me as a customer if you keep this up.
When I ordered my DBRM, it was just on a goof because I clicked on the link in this thread. I didn't believe it would ever be that cheap again so I wanted to see how much it had changed since it was reported @ $57

...saw it was $21.99 and pulled the trigger without hesitation. Of course now that I've seen it once, I'll never see it that price again.

Last edited:
@techrat Amazon is a sneaky shyster. That is their common practice. Shopping anonymously will usually net you a lower price. If the masses of Prime members knew of their evil ways they may not renew. Shop and buy an 8tem more than once and your price will creep up as well on some occasions.

I like the new packaging!

ALRIGHT...alright... I will quit buying them. Everytime I see the 21.99 price I just can't stop myself.

But I am done now. 🤔

Latest design is 2 kits bashed end to end. Thought about making it 2 stages. But stopped myself. At least for now. Needing enough electronics for tilt monitoring, and air start, was more than I wanted to do, and I don't have anywhere with a high waiver.

Launched Saturday on a F62FJ reload. Built with the Rocketry Works plywood fin up grade and with 1010 rail buttons.

Attachments

• _IMG4732.jpg
    _IMG4732.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • _IMG4733.jpg
    _IMG4733.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • _IMG4734.jpg
    _IMG4734.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Yep, Did not even have to chase it as the two youngsters next to me volunteered to recover it for me (I saw exactly where it came down). LOL

Thanks for sharing this -- grabbed another one.

I wonder what upgrades I could make for this kit... What other rockets could use that nosecone and body tube...

Thanks for sharing this -- grabbed another one.

I wonder what upgrades I could make for this kit... What other rockets could use that nosecone and body tube...

There's a "Classic Bash" option where you buy the DBRM and the Door Knob. Swap nose cones between body tubes to make an upscaled Goblin and Alpha.

There's a "Classic Bash" option where you buy the DBRM and the Door Knob. Swap nose cones between body tubes to make an upscaled Goblin and Alpha.
Thanks -- that is a good idea. I also was thinking of doing an upscale Citation Patriot (now that I have longer large tubes).

Last edited:
Just as an FYI one of the subject projects in my session at Virtual NARCON will be an upscaled (307%) Alpha created from the unholy alliance of a Doorknob and DBRM. You should all attend.

https://www.accelevents.com/e/narcon2023
James

I just saw this and went to Amazon and didn't see this deal.. Maybe I'm missing something..
Other than the deal itself you haven’t missed anything 😉

See posts #405 & #410 - sold out at the $22 level pretty quick - which was ok for me, I have a couple on hand and lots of other unbuilt kits stashed. But unfortunate for some since DRM kits are a bit different than other 3/4FNC rockets - that long nose cone is tough to replicate!

I believe Mike @ Galactic Manufacturing made the upgrade parts for an upscale Bandit for @James Duffy
Mike did indeed cut fins for a 226% Bandit.
IMG_6068.jpeg
Mike is currently working on a fin set for a 307% Alpha, and I believe that both of these will be available from Galactic Manufacturing in the near future.

James

Just to note, the PNC-60AH nose cone and variants (Der Red Max, etc.) is proportionally longer than the Goblin's PNC-55AO. So if you want a Goblin to look right when based on an AH cone, you'll have a ring of airframe color on the bottom of the nose cone.

Back