2023 Happy Thanksgiving Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thankful for the surgeons that put my pelvis back together after my accident, and my family and friends that got me through the more intense months of recovery.

I am thankful for continuing good health. I have friends who are not so fortunate and it serves to remind me just how fortunate I am in that regard.

I'm thankful for my girls (wife and daughter) and my (our) cat.
I'm also thankful for my local friends who I launch rockets with.

So much...
My wife who loves me in spite of my crankiness and expensive hobbies...
The dog and our herd of cats...
This wonderful Nation that so many have died to defend...
And being allowed to live this long.

Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving.

We are preparing to make breakfast, and I will head to the workshop. What are you doing today?

Post a photo of the meal and tell us what you are thankful for.

I posted a similar thread 7 minutes after you so I merged them

I am very thankful for my pretty wife, my children, our home, my job, my health, that I am able to build cool things out of wood, that I rediscovered how much I enjoy building rockets, my friends, 20 years of sobriety, (21 on Dec 2nd), my pretty little tacoma truck, the peace and joy I feel in my heart, that I am able to teach adult Sunday school, that I get to preach on the radio, and at my church, I am very thankful for grace and mercy. I believe that all my blessings come from God, and for that I am thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody..

If I tried to list all that I am thankful for this forum would run out of memory, lol..
I'm not even supposed to be here anymore, as of a decade ago or so.
Each and every day I thank God that I get to still be here when so many others don't.
I sure don't understand it.
I try really hard to be uplifting to others, I find that the best way to raise myself ( selfish reason )
maybe thats why I still get to be here..

I'm here on this forum typing for so many years.
I feel so at home here with all of you.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year.
We have a houseful every year..
This is just the hardest Thanksgiving ever.
Maybe this here is therapeutic.

Today is the forth day I've ever been on this Earth without my big brother Stevie.
Stevie was the kindest, warmest, most generous person to ever walk among us.

I just don't know how to do this.

Just can't.

Teddy

If I tried to list all that I am thankful for this forum would run out of memory, lol..
Each and every day I thank God that I get to still be here when so many others don't.
I try really hard to be uplifting to others, I find that the best way to raise myself ( selfish reason )

Today is the forth day I've ever been on this Earth without my big brother Stevie.

Just can't.

Teddy
Praying for you now.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thankful I started cooking everything yesterday...yikes. Thankful for a healthy family, a warm home and hot showers (our furnace died earlier this year so we went a couple of weeks without hot showers), coworkers that make the job fun, students who care to learn, all of the knowledge shared on this forum, and for VAST hosting a gorgeous launch site that my kids love spending time at.

Also will be very thankful to have everything in the oven, cooking, and some free time to relax and enjoy the holiday.

Just can't.

Teddy
Teddy
Your big brother is still with you he just communicates with you in a different way now .
I lost my little brother 10 years ago but he still communicates with me and manages to get in the last word 😢

Don't worry about taking photos of the food but take photos of your family and friends enjoying the food.
Being thankful for family and friends is what Thanksgiving is all about.

AND !!!

Please be safe out there in your travels as I want to be able to still chat with you all after Thanksgiving has passed

Bobby

Made a butter mixture of two cubes of softened butter, olive oil, lemon zest and juice of two lemons, garlic, fresh chopped parsley and salt and pepper. Stuffed all this under the skin of the bird, put several slices of bacon over it along with the remaining butter mixture and allowed it to cook while I went to the coffee shop. The gravy will be the juice from the turkey, wing tips and butt, chopped tomatoes, onions, hard cider, chicken broth and S/P.
In addition, we also got some king crab along with the typical stuff. 10 people will be fed so I've been busy doing everything. Tomorrow, I'll just go to the coffee shop again knowing most will be raiding all the stores. No thanks. I shop on line.

Latest posts

Back