2.6" ASP WAC Corporal Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2.6 inch diameter kit from ASP is an outstanding build. It is rock solid if you follow the instructions. I have flown mine to about 2500 feet with an AT H115 Dark Matter sparky. Get one of these if you can, it is not always in stock anymore.

The 2.6 inch diameter kit from ASP is an outstanding build. It is rock solid if you follow the instructions. I have flown mine to about 2500 feet with an AT H115 Dark Matter sparky. Get one of these if you can, it is not always in stock anymore.
I got the 28mm one last week. will definitely get the 2.6 when it comes available.

Read thru this thread and was excited about your build. The wac corporal has always been a favorite rocket. Had an original Estes. Just getting back to rockets and want To build one. The ending of your rocket story was sad. You did a beautiful job on that rocket. Did AT ever make good for you?

Yes, they sent me a replacement motor. Was all they will do and that’s fine. Will build another at some point, maybe even a 4 or 5” version

Yes, they sent me a replacement motor. Was all they will do and that’s fine. Will build another at some point, maybe even a 4 or 5” version
A 4” would be sweet…if you do it, I want to see it.

Exact same thing happened to my 2.5" Upscale Pegasus build. The F44 I used never blew the plug out.

I opened the motor up after the crash and there was no powder under the cap. I've gone through every Aerotech motor I have and checked the powder.

Last edited:
@Back_at_it 110%, I open every SU AT motor I fly to check. There just isn't a good reason not too when its clear there have been issues.

That said, I haven't seen or had any type of issue since

Built the 29 mm WAC this past fall. Got one flight in before winter. Used a few tips from Theory’s build and it came out very nice. Rushed the metallic silver on the fins and am not happy with that. Minor but annoying. Might fix it this winter. Thanks for the tips Theory

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    701.4 KB · Views: 0
I think they are doing a small run of the 38 mm in February…I’m getting one. The wac is one of my favorite rockets. Then maybe a scratch built 4” if I can find a nose cone for it

The WAC Corporal was my first Estes Kit way back when I was in 6th grade.

I am sorry about the bad ejection charge -- you had a real beauty there, @Theory !

I didn't know about those ASP Kits !

If ASP will bring back the 2.6 inch kit it is on my definitely do it list..

In the meantime, maybe an ASP 1.9 inch KAER300-29 Aerobee 300 ( my 2nd or 3rd Estes Kit ) !

Both the WAC Corporal and the Aerobee 300 are real beauties in my mind !

Thanks for reviving this thread, @Fireball :)

-- kjh

Back