09 October 2021 -CMASS Launch and NRC Event - Amesbury, MA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our launch scheduled for 09 October will be somewhat subdued. The wind is predicted to be blowing at a moderate speed from the east the whole time we will be on the field. This means no high-power launches. Also, any mid-and low-power flights must be kept under 1000-ft altitude.

As far as I know Esther’s Engines will be at the field for your motor needs. Esther's Engines will not be at this launch. Contest flying will be available. This, along with the usual food service, safety check and launch control, will need volunteers to keep things running. Utilize the sign-up sheet on the website home page.

As many of you noticed at our last launch, there were many Monarch butterfly caterpillars munching on the milkweed around the farm. As the cold weather approaches, many of these will not do well on frosty nights. If you’re of a mind to, go online and find out what you can do to “adopt” a caterpillar and raise it at home so it can join the others that will make the long migration to Mexico.

On a scheduling note, the field has been double booked for our launch this week and for the first launch in November. The aircraft club has agreed to use the field this Sunday so we can keep our Saturday date. In November, we’ll change from the 6th to Sunday the 7th. This will afford us an extra opportunity to have a night launch.

See you Saturday. Fly low, fly slow.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see we are allowed to steal caterpillars, we brought a few home with us after the last launch.

I will be the Contest Director for this launch. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

As usual, we will need people to help out with timing for the duration events, please help if you can.
Thanks,

Make sure you bring home plenty of milkweed for them to munch until they make their chrysalis. The leaves keep for days in the fridge wrapped in moist paper towels in a plastic bag.

Back