06/29/07 24/40 E18 Cato

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
On Friday 06/29/07 I had a CATO in an AT 24/40 casing with an AT E18 reload. There was a loud pop approx. 1/2 second after launch and the forward closure and fuel grain were ejected. The forward closure was not recovered and the threads on the casing appear to be damaged. The fuel grain is partially split on one end. The casing had approx. 10 launches on it without previous failure. The reload was the last of three and hte first two were flawless. The code on the instructions was 051403. The rocket, an Applewhite saucer, was heavily damaged.

06-29-07 CATO.jpg

I emailed AT customer service with this problem on 07/01 and have heard nothing. I had one other CATO and recall that they answered promptly. Any ideas?

I CATOed my 24/40 casing on my first attempt with an E28 reload. I got great customer service when mine blew and they replaced the casing in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks (I don't remember exactly). The person who contacted me was very polite in answering my questions and filing the report with them. I usually got answers to my emails no more than one business day after I sent them. Then again, it wasn't during the biggest high power even to the year...

Back