Death of a Cineroc...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been too sad to report this until now...

I'll start with the email (name and identifying information withheld) that got me excited...

Somewhere, in all these plastic tubs, I do have a used Cineroc. It was used when I got it, and I have never done anything with it. I have planned to reorganize and reinventory my collection. I should find the Cineroc in the process.

to that I was ecstatic, then came this email...

Jim,

I found the Cineroc. It is still in the same box used to mail it to me. As I told you before, it was used when I got it.

From what I can tell, it is all there. However, it requires some cosmetic work. The conical nose section is painted orange and show wear and tear from usage. The transition section that snaps to the bottom of the camera body, the part that inserts into the body tube is missing a triangular shard of plastic approximately an inch long and 1/2 inch wide at the bottom. I can see evidence of the former owner trying to repair this section.

Given these condition problems, are you still interested in it?

Please let me know.

I certainly was, I offered to pay shipping and handling for it immediately, but I got no reply for days... Then this appeared in my inbox...

I regret to inform you that the Cineroc has been destroyed.

While I was at the movie this evening, my puppy pulled the box off the table and shredded it and all its contents.

I'm really sorry.

Turns out that the person had been snowed in, and without power for several days. When he was finally able to escape from his house, it was too late to go to the post office, and the rest you've read already...

P1010010.jpg

Although disappointed, I realize that this poor pup was probably just stir crazy after being stuck in a house for days. Too bad it couldn't have been an Astrocam 110 or something more common. I'm amazed at the strength of the animal being able to pull apart that motor.
:eyepop::surprised:

So, if you know of a Cineroc that needs a good home (I've got one, pieces of the other are in the mail, but I need at least one more for my projects (two would be better)), please keep me in mind. Know that the worst looking of the lot (save the one in the photograph above) will be carefully disassembled so that the parts can be scanned, and hopefully saved in a 3D printable format (to preserve and restore the original medium). Landru is working on the Digital version, and I'm hoping to design the sled for the 808 camera, but I don't dare muck up the one I've got until I've got a "spare".

Last edited:
Back