sky Angle vrs Loc Angle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdostby

Reaction score
Are these the same chutes? Specs are identical on the Sky Angle Cert 3 XL and the Loc Angle XL.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I know. My spelling sucks! I meant Loc Angel. From the Loc Precision web site.

Last edited:
Angle, Angel is the opposite of a Demon.

They are the same, there were the same company previously. I'd order from whoever is the most convenient.

They are the same...
Not quite. AFAIK, LOC previously produced chutes under license from b2 rocketry, the original designers and manufacturers of the SkyAngle. They were very similar but not quite identical. There seemed to be some sort of falling out and LOC starting making chutes under the LOC Angel (not angle) name.

In my limited experience (I have one of each) the products are very very similar and both excellent quality.

Not quite. AFAIK, LOC previously produced chutes under license from b2 rocketry, the original designers and manufacturers of the SkyAngle. They were very similar but not quite identical. There seemed to be some sort of falling out and LOC starting making chutes under the LOC Angel (not angle) name.

In my limited experience (I have one of each) the products are very very similar and both excellent quality.

This is correct. The chute maker at LOC is very good. I have one from him when it was called Sky Angle. LOC is very amendable to making a custom chute with whatever colors they have available. They are fast, easy to work with, and have great customer service. Can't go wrong with LOC. I also have a drogue that must be from Sky Angle that I like.

Back