Titebond molding and trim glue.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossbound

Reaction score
I've been reading in several threads people using Titebond molding glue for fillets. I've been looking all over town, Lowes, homedepot, Walmart, Ace, woodcraft, and just can't find it anywhere. Has this glue been discontinued? It seems to be available online, but not in stores. I remember seeing it in a store (can't remember which) in my area a few months ago.
Are there alternatives to this glue besides Epoxy?

Thanks for any insight you might have.

I've been reading in several threads people using Titebond molding glue for fillets. I've been looking all over town, Lowes, homedepot, Walmart, Ace, woodcraft, and just can't find it anywhere. Has this glue been discontinued? It seems to be available online, but not in stores. I remember seeing it in a store (can't remember which) in my area a few months ago.
Are there alternatives to this glue besides Epoxy?

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Check a few posts back. Titebond has re-branded it and there is a pic. Don't recall the name off the top of my head.

I am a big fan of TMT. I got a 16 oz bottle a few weeks ago through Amazon on the chance that the rebranding was somehow different. I don't know if it is or is not but I like TMT.

Yep, you may have to get even the 'rebrand' online-- these stupid big-box stores are getting more and more focused on stocking less and less... IOW, they won't take up shelf space and another SKU number in their computer systems (as well as having to stock and restock, reorder, inventory, etc.) to carry a few bottles of this stuff for folks who need it, BUT, they'll have three shelves stacked 12 wide and 8 deep of plain old wood glue made by any of a half dozen different companies-- with the attitude "you buy what we're willing to stock, or do without."

That's why more and more, other than bulk lumber purchases or stuff like that, I find myself going to ACE or local mom-n-pop hardware stores-- they're more likely to stock a variety of things, hoping to sell what you need, rather than lose a sale because they only have five crates of plain jane wood glue on the shelf...

Later! OL JR :)

Lowes, Home Depot and even Walmart in my area carried it a while back.... my guess is that they didn't sell well, so they stopped stocking it. If you find a mom and pop store that has some, buy extra! I'm sure they won't be stocking it for long either.....

I finally just ordered some online. Maybe one of the rocket vendors should stock some! Our niche market has a need! hint hint

Jerome

Finally found it at an other ACE!! And it does work great!

picsay-1375561173.jpg

Last edited:
Back