DynaStar - LexxJet (#05037) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidQ

Reaction score
Yet another aeronautical astronautical cosmonautical big boy toy. It's a midpower rocket from Dynastar - whic I bought from Apogee - which means I've got to get several E's, F's, and G's that I've not used before.
View attachment 114372
The LexxJet posed a challenge for me, because I wanted the red nose to be the same color as the red decals. I've never been satisified matching paint to decals. So, as a scratch builder with a laser printer, I printed out enough red to cover the entire nose. So, I effectively painted the rocket with decals. The only paint is the white that is the insulating layer between the cardboard and the decals.

This one is not rear eject, since it uses a boat tail and it would be hard to funnel the chute out the back. Instead, it is merely a front eject.

Attachments

• Lexx Jet.JPG
    Lexx Jet.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the DynaStar LexxJet (#05037) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the DynaStar LexxJet (#05037) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

DynaStar: LexxJet: #05037

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
DynaStar LexxJet (#05037) Basic Information.

dynastar.gif
DynaStar Mid Power Model Rockets

MODEL NAME: LexxJet Also known as:

NUMBER: #05037

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Shrox

Type: Aeroplane
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 28.5" (72.4 cm)
Diameter: 2.2" (56 mm)
Span:
Weight: 9.8 oz (278.2 gm)

Mfg. Description: Kit features

Simulated Jet Engines and Unusual Wings Give the Kit a Unique Look. The kit has several challenging steps, which include cutting jet engine tubes at an angle, and creating wings out of multiple pieces of balsa.

Plastic Nose Cone - The smooth plastic nose cone requires no finishing other than a coat of paint. Its 3.46:1 ogive shape is very efficient for high speed rocket flights. The fit of the BT-80 size nose cone is perfect on the standard size body tube. This means you won't have to add tape to increase the friction when inserted into the tube.

Colorful pressure-sensitive decals - This is a big reason why is so easy to make this rocket so awesome looking. It is just a matter of applying the sticker-like decals.

Laser-cut balsa wood fins - Balsa wood is very lightweight and can be airfoiled by sanding, to reduce the drag forces on the kit. This makes the rocket zoom higher and faster into the sky.

Large 1/4 inch Launch Lug - Because this is a bigger model, you'll have a larger lug on the side of the rocket. This is used with mid-power size launch rods, to stabilize the rocket so it doesn't sway in the wind prior to launch.

Premium Quality Body Tubes - The tubes are thin-wall to reduce weight, but are pleny strong for this model. The surface is slick and smooth, which makes marking lines on them easy. Painting is also a breeze, since the spirals are tight and require little filling.

The large 32" diameter plastic parachute that comes with the kit, brings the rocket down slowly for a nice soft touchdown. The canopy on the parachute is a colorful black and yellow, which is easy to see in the sky, and when it lands on the grass. You'll also find that the chute has tear-proof adhesive rings that reinforce the points on the canopy where the shroud lines attach. These greatly strengthen the parachute canopy, making it practically impossible to damage the parachute. Because this is a big rocket, the parachute is an octagon shape, instead of being a hexigon. Therefore, it has two more suspension lines, meaning it can carry a heavier rocket down to the ground.

Die-Cut Cardstock Centering Rings and Bulkheads. We use premium quality cardstock for our centering rings. This saves weight, and allows the rocket to be put together with ordinary water-based wood glue. You won't need any exotic or expensive adhesives to put this kit together.

The model also comes with a high-strength, Kevlar® Shock Cord. Kevlar is six times stronger than steel, and is also fire proof. It can easily withstand the high heat of ejection, ensuring the rocket descends as a single piece. This makes for a very durable rocket that can be launched again and again.

Spring-steel engine retainer clips allow you to swap out engines between flights in just milli-seconds. It is really that fast! (DynaStar 2009 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

dynastar-lexxjet%2005037-2013%20web%20apogee.jpg
2013 Apogee Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
My goony of the Dynastar LexxJet. Beside it, is the picture of my real LexxJet which I built a few months ago.

The build thread for the goony LexxJet is here

Post copied within gallery

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Lexx Jet.JPG
    Lexx Jet.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
Back