• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

cheap Titan IIIE ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruzsergio

Reaction score
I have about 3 years in model rocketry and every time I see old Estes catalogs I've always wanted the Titan IIE.
I've seen them on Ebay but They ask too much for them :cry:
Does any one have one built or not for a cheap price ?

Here are plans here for a Titan III-M, which had a Gemini Capsule and the Manned Orbital Lab (MOL), on page 18 of the issue. It is similar to the Titan III-E. You probably cannot get any cheaper than that. Several years ago I made a Titan III with the the Dyna-Soar (using the Roachwerks X-20). I was going to go this route with the Titan III-M, but I finally found the Estes Titan III-E on e-bay and paid the premium price.

https://ninfinger.org/rockets/ModelRocketry/Model_Rocketry_v02n11_08-70.pdf

Last edited:
I've seen that version of the Titan, I have my Gemini Titan K-21 clone, I've thought of making one of those one day but I'll have to save up first

Probably not... I've seen ONE "open but complete" (meaning "ya pays yer money and takes yer chances") Titan III from Estes for a reasonable price... but I didn't follow the auction close enough or bid on it.

If you want a Titan III kit, Dr. Zooch sells two of them... the Titan III-C, and the Titan III MOL (Manned Orbiting Laboratory). They're both on his website at dr.zoochrockets.com

Your other alternative is to clone it. The tubes and stuff shouldn't be that hard, and motor mounts and such are motor mounts... there's scale data out there available (Rockets of the World) and I think I've posted some Titan stuff in the scale section under the "NASA Study Summaries" material I've been posting (and should start posting some again soon-- been rebuilding my material after losing it all in a hard drive crash early this year). It's not hard to find online if you really look... The hardest part is the nose cones, but you can either get similar ones from Semroc or elsewhere, or get them custom turned from sandman or balsa machining service, or make your own (which isn't really that hard to do, and much cheaper). Then you can make it in any scale you want, so long as you can get the proper size tubes... and of course, you CAN make your own tubes if you want, but I usually just go with commercial tubes...

Later and good luck! OL JR :)

I could scratch build it but there aren't any nosecones or the nozzles.

I personally think Dr.Zooch are too small for me and where i launch there a lot of trees.

How much are you asking for it ?

Last edited:
Back