Cannot connect RRC3 to windows 8.1

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonboDismo

That was a chilly day.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have followed the Missile Works instruction on how to connect my RRC3 to Windows 8.1 and nothing happens. I downloaded their USB drivers and still no connections. I have their software installed for both the drivers and the mDACS/USB-IO and it will not recognize the RRC3. Any help, please. Thanks, Ron.

I have followed the Missile Works instruction on how to connect my RRC3 to Windows 8.1 and nothing happens. I downloaded their USB drivers and still no connections. I have their software installed for both the drivers and the mDACS/USB-IO and it will not recognize the RRC3. Any help, please. Thanks, Ron.

And you downloaded the MDacs software? It is necessary in the software to make sure the correct COM port is selected as MDacs doesn't do it automatically. If I were in front of my PC I could do a better job of explaining. I use 8.1 and the wrong COM port selection is my usual connection problem.

The part that always gets me is the little on/off slide switch on the "blue wire thing"

Here are my notes to make it easier for me:
No battery needed..
Plug in the blue wire thing..make sure the little switch is off
System preferrences..select comm port..
Flight viewer….RC3 connect flight viewer..turn on little switch..

Tony

Thanks for the replies. Yep, I have MDacs installed and the only two COM ports that are available are COM 1 (not a choice) and COM 9. I have tried both with little on/off switch in both positions. Followed your instructions, Tony. Still no luck.

Help me Mr. Wisard, I don't want to be a dumb @$$ anymore. :cool:

Houston, we have a launch. Just got an email from Jim at Missile Works with a revised startup procedure:

Make all cable connections EXCEPT the blue data cable from the USBIO adapter to the RRC3
Ensure the USBIO power switch is ON
Launch the mDACS app, and ensure the USBIO comm port is selected and ready (your COM9)
Click the Host Connect button in mDACS to start the 15 second connection countdown
Insert the blue data cable into the RRC3 Comm socket immediately
RRC3 should boot up and connect

This worked perfectly. Thanks for the feedback.
Ron

Ron, thanks for posting Jim's reply. This may help another flier. I'm cutting and pasting it to my RC3 cheat sheet. I may need it someday.

Tony

Back