Eggfinder Mini and Putty problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dipstick

Reaction score
Hi Chris, or anyone who can help...

I am at the stage of my Eggfinder Mini GPS build that I need to check it as per instructions.

I've downloaded Putty, and a couple different Prolific drivers, no joy connecting.

Chris I noticed on another thread you suggested shorting the green and white cables on the USB cable and trying to type some characters. That doesn't work for me, so I am hoping you or someone else can provide me with the exact link to the driver I need. I'm running Windows 10 64bit.

This is the Putty setup I was trying. Thanks for your help/suggestions.

1676134930663.png

Is the Data cable actually enumerated as COM1???

Open the windows Device Manager (right click on the Window icon at bottom left) and check which COM # is being used.

I had to attach TXD from my eggtimer TX transmitter to RXD on the dongle I bought (3rd party) then it worked.

Is the Data cable actually enumerated as COM1???

Open the windows Device Manager (right click on the Window icon at bottom left) and check which COM # is being used.
Walt wins!

Thanks, got the COM number right now and I'm in business. For other reasons I thought I had it right already, appreciate the tip!

Back