I think I've found the perfect LPR/MPR airbursh!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc_G

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

I've fallen in love with my new-ish Master G79 airbrush. Set goes for about ~$70.

It comes as a kit with three nozzle/needles, three different cup sizes, and is gravity feed dual action/internal mix.

Assembled G79.jpg

Disassembled G79.jpg

Thicker paints, like the metallic acrylics I so love spray fine with no thinning using the 0.8mm needle. Regular paints do great with the 0.5mm. I'm sure I could get very fine precise details with the 0.3 mm needle/nozzle.

I like the trigger action better than the usual push-down controls of most airbrushes. And you can get a pretty wide pattern with good feed rates, which is good for doing larger areas.

I still prefer a mini spray gun (I use a Harbor Freight <$20 one) for doing large areas of primer just because it's faster and a bit easier cleanup.

I have several Harbor Freight DA/IM brushes which I also like, but they are more prone to clogs than the Master has been. I also like my Paasche single action external mix, but I have trouble getting even coats with it and rarely use it now.

If you are looking for a new brush, I highly recommend the G79 kit.

what are you using for your compressed air, a portable tank, an air compressor, what volume, etc..

Tried air brushing once and it wasn't worth the effort, but that was off a tiny tank.

I have a 20 pound CO2 tank. I fill it once a year or 18 months, depending on how much painting I do. I paint inside (particle mask so as not to breathe the rainbow), often at night, and don't want a compressor's noise to bug people (as in my wife).

Back