Sparrow AIM 7F

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlin523

Reaction score
I am considering this one. Does anyone have photos showing paint schemes, lettering,stripes etc?

I think this is a test round. Strange nose cone and dig the Pershing 1a like paint scheme.

THAT's different!

Does it look like it has a tapered tail cone to anybody else?

aim-7a.jpg

I found those photos too. What is most frustrating is that there don't seem to be any that show lettering etc. I wish Sandman had a set for this one -HINT

I found those photos too. What is most frustrating is that there don't seem to be any that show lettering etc. I wish Sandman had a set for this one -HINT

If I can find lettering!

I am considering this one. Does anyone have photos showing paint schemes, lettering,stripes etc?
A Google image search turned up the same pictures already posted plus many more, although none which show much lettering clearly.

What I can tell you is that a blue stripe indicates an inert part for training, a brown stripe indicates a live rocket motor and a yellow stripe indicates a live explosive warhead.

This is an operational missile:
2005112108020665375.jpg

The Sparrow would seem difficult to get a reasonable CP-CG relationship, with the large forward fins. If you want to try the AIM-120, i have about 10 excellent pictures to work with. I was just visiting the National Air and Space Museum.

Heres two images of the nosecone from one.

The grey band at the bottom is 3.5" wide and there is a small cap on the top the is 0.25" (which is hard to see in the picture).

If you want any other images or measurements of the cone, let me know. (I also believe this is an AIM-7M nosecone but Im not sure if thats true or if there is any difference between them)

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Last edited:
I found these. Hope they help. I can say definitively that the overall color (grey) of the "F" is FSD 36375. I've done some paint work on a couple of its components. FWIW.

Ywam9_4m.jpg

Sparrow 3.jpg

Sparrow 2.jpg

Sparrow4.jpg

sparrow1.jpg

Last edited:
I really do appreciate both the pictures and the link to the decal site. I had never seen that decal site before. You guys rock!! and so does this forum!!

Latest posts

Back