Engineering Drawings of Military Missiles

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
edit: Thought I'd add an intro on my first post. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and a hobbyist at heart. My latest obsession has been making CAD/3D prints of scale missiles and I eventually plan on re-scaling/converting some of them to fly. I've never flown a model rocket in my life but that will eventually change. I joined this forum as there seems to be a ton of knowledge around, and I plan on sharing my builds and contributing what I can. Thanks for the help so far!

-Daniel
---------------
Does anyone know of a good source to acquire missile drawings that are unclassified and open to the public? I've been modeling some missiles from very limited drawings (and photos) that I've found online but would like better dimensional accuracy if possible. Just looking for external dimensions. Some of the CAD files I've been working on include:

AIM-9M (found drawings here)
AIM-54C Phoenix
AIM-7 Sparrow
AIM-120 AMRAAM
FGM-148 Javelin

Please let me know if you have access to some of these drawings and are willing to share - TIA

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've worked hard to get accurate dimensions on my drawings, some based on engineering drawings that have cropped up here and there, and some based on measurements of museum displays. My booklets on missiles are available from ARA press, Aerospace Speciality Products, and eRockets.biz. An example here (that's not in any of my booklets) is the AMRAAM, based entirely on museum measurements. You may use this to create your 3-d files, and anyone here may use it to make or document a model. I have to add, however, that my posting this here does not constitute permission for anyone to repost this image elsewhere.

Attachments

• AMRAAM.GIF
    AMRAAM.GIF
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
Back