LDRS 31 will happen!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDcluster

Reaction score
I was informed that a certain someone ( who I don't know) has created a bogus FB page stating that LDRS 31 has been cancelled. That is not true!
IF you have liked the LDRS 31 (Offical) page; It has been hijacked and or fake.

JD

That is absolutely true. There was some unpleasantness in one of the hosting clubs that has been dealt with. Unfortunately the folk who were at the root of the situation had admin access to places that allow them to post information that would mislead the unknowing.

There will be a set of forums here in the near future with accurate information.

Thanks

That is absolutely true. There was some unpleasantness in one of the hosting clubs that has been dealt with. Unfortunately the folk who were at the root of the situation had admin access to places that allow them to post information that would mislead the unknowing.

There will be a set of forums here in the near future with accurate information.

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification Al!

If it is, they spelled "you're" wrong. ;)

They also spelled "Accommodations" wrong (Two M's, not One).

accommodations (plural of ac·com·mo·da·tion (Noun)
Noun:

An action of accommodating or the process of being accommodated.

spell-ldrs.jpg

Not to be picky but also the "to" in "working to hard" should be "too"

But I guess we are rocket scientists not English professors...... Still....maybe this should be proof read before posting?

I see a whole lot of critique and not a lot of "Hey guys, I can help if you need a hand..."

We tossed something up as a placeholder and yes there are a few errors that will be addressed.

Some of us have day jobs that get in the way of making sure that launch event web pages are up to the forum community standards...

We'll try harder next time.

I just got my power back after almost four days so I'm cranky

<\snark mode>

Last edited:
They also spelled "Accommodations" wrong (Two M's, not One).

You should have seen the page when it was first put up. At least 10 spelling and grammar errors. :eek:

Spell checking is easy... unless you're chipping away on stone in a cold dark cave. ;)

I see a whole lot of critique and not a lot of "Hey guys, I can help if you need a hand..."

We tossed something up as a placeholder and yes there are a few errors that will be addressed.

Some of us have day jobs that get in the way of making sure that launch event web pages are up to the forum community standards...

We'll try harder next time.

I just got my power back after almost four days so I'm cranky

<\snark mode>
Boy, where have I heard this before? ;)

Al, did you get your LDRS hosting packet from TRA yet ... complete with flameproof jump suit?

--Lance.

By the way the official motto is:

LDRS XXXI - If You're Not Having Fun - You're Doing It Wrong.

By the way any whiny ninny post is being tracked and those people will get parking in the back row at the extreme end next to the porta-potties!

By the way any whiny ninny post is being tracked and those people will get parking in the back row at the extreme end next to the porta-potties!

Hey, that just means it's a nice short walk to the bathroom! :D :duck:

Thanks for all the hard work Al. You Da Man.. :wink:

kari+byron+hot1.jpg

Hey Al & Crew,

Any idea on how many (if any) days will be Tripoli Research? Hoping to make it out to the range for LDRS XXXI!

Thanks,

-Eric-

Hey Al & Crew,

Any idea on how many (if any) days will be Tripoli Research? Hoping to make it out to the range for LDRS XXXI!

Thanks,

-Eric-

Two of the five

Thursday and Monday are planned.

Shouldn't it be spelled:

IF UR NOT HAVIN PHUN - UR DOIN IT RONG!

Dave hides from Al

Dave gets first slot between the outhouse and grease pit. Behind the trees.

Hey, I wasn't whining.(In my best whiny voice) By the way, I think you spelled whiny ninny incorrectly but not sure of the correct way.:wink:

Really glad to see the site up already. Wasn't complaining. Just sayin'. Thanks for all the hard work. I would be glad to help but am not an IT guy at all. I am a pretty good speller, won the eighth grade campeenship, so if I can be of help let me know.

I've heard a lot of opinions in the last few days about putting our best foot forward and making a good impression in relation to the LDRS TV show. I guess I was thinking along those lines as well.

Thanks,

P.S. I'm 63 years old. I need a spot next to the porta-potties.:sigh:

P.S. I'm 63 years old. I need a spot next to the porta-potties.:sigh:

Curious Question. Will camping on the LDRS field be allowed? Or must
everybody clear out and go find a Hotel when the sun sets?

Curious Question. Will camping on the LDRS field be allowed? Or must
everybody clear out and go find a Hotel when the sun sets?

There is no camping on the field proper. That said there are some nice caping sites within a few miles. Greg Garder bicycled betwixt the field and the campground throughout LDRS 28.

:y:

Wut's the mater Al? Dont eye spel gud?

Bephor thys is ovr Dave wil bee watching LDRS frum hom...

Al.... I only have 1 question.

Can I use 10 high power 1515 pads if I come up with something SPEC.....TAC....U....LAR for the event? :wink:

Hint: you're using it for your header

Crazy Jim: Chief Creator of Chaos,Mayhem & Spectacularity Event Causing Type Traumatic Stuff. [ Fun]

Picture 4.png

Last edited:
Thursday and Monday are EX days? Lame. How about we flip that...Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are EX days, with commercial days being Thursday and Monday.

Al.... I only have 1 question.

Can I use 10 high power 1515 pads if I come up with something SPEC.....TAC....U....LAR for the event? :wink:

Hint: you're using it for your header

Crazy Jim: Chief Creator of Chaos,Mayhem & Spectacularity Event Causing Type Traumatic Stuff. [ Fun]

Jim, check you PM inbox

Thursday and Monday are EX days? Lame. How about we flip that...Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are EX days, with commercial days being Thursday and Monday.

Or make it all commercial would be an option too...

The issue I have with that is this event is a tremendous outreach opportunity where folks from the nearby cities can come and check out the hobby. This is a heavily populated area compared to other LDRS locations. Many of those will only show up on Saturday and Sunday and will bring rockets to fly and will not be members of Tripoli. I talked to a few folks in Argonia that showed up on Monday under that circumstance and they were a little dissapointed. Setting up EX days on Friday thru Sunday will not allow these folks to fly which is a mistake IMHO. I think the way they have it setup is a good way to go.

Its all about majority rules, Obviously there will be many more commercial flights than EX, Hence the better days. I will most likely be flying both but again more commercial.

If your name is Gary and you own a bulldog, you only get to fly black powder from the A rack.

:neener:

Hey say what you want about me! But call Kain a Bulldog and I'll let him loose! in your house, I think we KNOW who's dog will be the last one standing.

2522.jpg

Back