Your Favorite Model -

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initially, I think of my Binder Stealth Jr. loved that thing!

But then I think as to what I have, and I have to say "Blue Bird Zero" as I have cloned it in every size from BT-5 to 2.6" (with a 38mm!)

And the one I have currently with the most flights (and comes with me to every launch) is the Estes Leviathan..

My Binder Stealth jr is my favorite.
I have the upgrade version with a 38mmt. Most of the time I fly on 29mm with aeropac adaptor but I did my l1 with it several years ago on an H123. Always a good flight with that one

Actually, when you think about it:
  • Favorite of all time
  • Favorite of currently available (kit or plan pack)
  • favorite of the currently flying fleet (Past fleet - long retired)
  • Favorite full size
  • Favorite ..

My favs go by diameter. (Yeah, it's a cheat....)

6": WM Ultimate
4": MC AGM-33 Pike
3": Mac BlackFly
2.6": Mach 1 RIM-66 Std.
2.2": WM DarkStar Jr.
1.6" Pem-Tech Kraken

BT-55: Estes Interceptor
BT-20: Astron Gyroc

I guess my favorite is based on number of flights which would put my LOC Warlock and MC Avalanche at top of list.

As others have stated, it really hard to pick a "favorite" rocket, but I would have to say for myself I really like the Pemberton "Little Bucky Jones".

LBJ #1.jpg

Attachments

• RDS--Little Bucky Jones.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
As others have stated, it really hard to pick a "favorite" rocket, but I would have to say for myself I really like the Pemberton "Little Bucky Jones".

View attachment 445827
@Lugnut56 , What do the decals look like. please? I think that I saw this sometime in the Dark and Dismal past, LOL. It looks like a great 1950s style Rocket! Cheers!

Vitruvius, there are no decals with this kit. It's just clean, sleek lines and a gold metal flake paint. I used Kylon Gold metal flake paint on this, but I've found the same brand of paint I've bought since then is a few shades darker than this paint job. :(

LBJ #3.jpg

It's a tie. Cindy Crawford and Miss Kentucky 1999. I like 'em beautiful and brilliant. Shanna Moore was 1st runner up to Heather Renee French; French won Miss America, so Shanna became Miss Kentucky. Shanna attended Murray State, bio major, and spent a semester in my analytical chemistry class. She's now a doctor in Paducah.

(Whoops...wrong kind of model, I guess) ;)

It's a tie. Cindy Crawford and Miss Kentucky 1999. I like 'em beautiful and brilliant. Shanna Moore was 1st runner up to Heather Renee French; French won Miss America, so Shanna became Miss Kentucky. Shanna attended Murray State, bio major, and spent a semester in my analytical chemistry class. She's now a doctor in Paducah.

(Whoops...wrong kind of model, I guess) ;)
I think I'd have to go with Twiggy. True, there's not much there to utilize Bernoulli's principle, but on the other hand, the wind resistance factor on that frame has gotta be pretty low.
I'm not so good with RockSim. Maybe some of you who are better with it can run the numbers to see how she comes out.

Back