wRASP with Windows 10?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopirV

Reaction score
Hi all- probably a dumb question, but I just upgraded my home laptop; previously was running Win7 (64 bit), now up to Win10 (64). wRASP is an old program, but is good for quick and dirty calcs, but I can't get it to run on the new machine (worked on old one). Anyone successful with this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all- probably a dumb question, but I just upgraded my home laptop; previously was running Win7 (64 bit), now up to Win10 (64). wRASP is an old program, but is good for quick and dirty calcs, but I can't get it to run on the new machine (worked on old one). Anyone successful with this?

Thanks in advance!
So, quick update- I remembered about compatibility mode, but even going back to Win 8, Win 7, and Win XP, it still errors saying "This App can't run on your PC"

As an absolute last resort for that kind of software, I have a Windows2000 virtual machine that I run in VMWare Player (I keep DOS 6.2, Win95, Win98, Win2k, WinXP, WinVista and Win7 VMs). Since I don't have networking enabled for that VM, it isn't at any risk. If nothing else works, you could try that. Also, if you run Linux or have access to the Linux desktop, you could try running the app under WINE. It is very good with running older apps since its a re-implementation of the Win32 APIs.

For quick and dirty, Thurstcurve's Motorguide is very good. It'll get you +/- 10% on altitude and +/- a second or two on delay.

https://www.thrustcurve.org/guidepage.jsp

Nice blast from the past! I also run wRASP on Win7, but haven't tried Win10.

The nice thing about wRASP is that you can import your own CD profile, say from CFD, wind tunnel, or flight measurement.

Check out this link for wRASP info
Specifically the bottom paragraph about it being 16 bit and supported up through XP. Maybe that will help as a jumping off point.
I've never tried this specific program but it sounds cool. I may have to try it.

Thanks in advance!
I had an issue with an old W95 program that could not install in W10....it was on a CD...so this may not help you. Someone stated do not install directly..look at programs directory, and find the 32 bit folder....there was a 32 bit folder and I found the executable file existed in that directory so I installed from that folder. Can you look at the programs directory?

Back