WOOSH rocketry- Bong wisconsin- Sept 29+30

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Last Bong launch of the year! Who will be there?

I should be trying the 2 stager again if the weather cooperates and I get it prepped in time (I'm out of town until Friday 9pm). I might also fly my wife's Fliskits paylord on 3xB6-4 motors in honor of the end of Fliskits. Maybe other stuff- I dunno.

I hope to make a brief appearance. I’ve got two remaining flight goals for this year - full up, clustered Space Shuttle and airlight outboards on my 3X Pegasus.

I doubt I can get both in, as they both need my single Quantum. But it would be nice to get one in. Current forecast favors the Pegasus.

I can fly the Shuttle out of the orchard, once the neighboring corn is in. I’ve got enough space to fly up to LPR G and stay in code.

What motors are you flying on the pegasus? Time to get another quantum? :)

Well, I was going to put 2xE12s in the outboards. And a thrusty H in the main. But between my sending of cases and 38-29 adapter to Alex and Tim’s low stock, I might be begging, or out of luck.

I have some 38mm cases (CTI ) you can borrow. Also a 38/29 adapter, which I will be using in the 2 stager for the sustainer motor, unless I pick up another 38mm motor (not the blue!) for it.

FYI- Tim's stock on motors looked better in the trailer than what was on the website...

Will anyone attending Saturday have an EggFinder LCD handy? Mine is out of commission ( I've ordered a new one but have not received a reply yet) and I cannot attempt my L1 without one.

Edit: Question, are drones legally allowed at Bong? I have a Mavic Pro I'd like to bring along.

Last edited:
My eggfinder stuff is still in pieces on my workbench, but if you're looking for tracking, the club has a regular tracker you can borrow if you're a member. If not, there's several people who would let you borrow theirs.

What rocket/motor are you flying for your L1?

My eggfinder stuff is still in pieces on my workbench, but if you're looking for tracking, the club has a regular tracker you can borrow if you're a member. If not, there's several people who would let you borrow theirs.

What rocket/motor are you flying for your L1?

Nope, not a member :(.

I'm flying my BlackFly on an AT H148R. Openrocket estimates apogee at a tad over 2K ft.
Tobor did you get my PM I sent you?

Yes I did. I apologise for not responding as I was trying to figure out out if I could afford it. I just spent $900+ on a DJI Mavic Pro.

Ive got one, but can only be there early Sat morning.

Thank you. I hope to be there around 8am. If I get there as expected, I'll look around for you.

I'm flying my BlackFly on an AT H148R. Openrocket estimates apogee at a tad over 2K ft.

Yes I did. I apologise for not responding as I was trying to figure out out if I could afford it. I just spent $900+ on a DJI Mavic Pro.

Thank you. I hope to be there around 8am. If I get there as expected, I'll look around for you.

So are you saying no to the kit?

See you at the Bong

Probably between 9 and 10.

Planning to fly an SA-14 Archer for a L1 certification on Sunday. I'll have to buy the motor there so ... Here's hoping 3rd time is the charm!

Homer

Edit... make that Saturday as Sunday looks really rainy. :eek:

Edit 2... success!!!

Last edited:
Back