WOOSH rocketry- July 28-29- Bong, WI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Anyone going to be there?

I'll be flying

Wildman 4" Punisher- on a K something something.. depending on what Tim has in stock.
29mm MD rocket on G126WT. Assuming I can figure out a way to fit the tracker into it.
Maybe the 2 stager, if I get off my lazy rear and finish it. I470WT staging to G78BS.

of course, all of this depends on the weather, as all of these will be going high.

Hoping to be there. Can only attend Saturday...if the stars align right.

-Loc Wi-Roc: mystery motor to 1187'.
-Hot Topic: AMW L1300 Blue Baboon
-Loc Top Gun: CTI K520W (drag race with Tom C's Top Gun, same motor)
-maybe...if there's time...Loc 7.5" Patriot AMW L1111 Super Tiger Drag Race with Jay's 7.5" Pat, same motor

Looking forward to it; hope the weather and schedule cooperate!!!

You do know the LCO will probably announce the motor, right? :)
Yessir. It won't be an EX motor...a plain jane commercial motor. I'm just not announcing the motor until it's on the pad....'cause I wanna win the closest to 1188' WOGO contest!

It's very possible that I honestly have no clue what that motor might be at this point in time too.... :)

It's very possible that I honestly have no clue what that motor might be at this point in time too.... :)

I have the case+nozzle for the Loki K1127. You're welcome to borrow it if you want. That should be pretty close to 1188', right?

Alex discovered that a CTI 6G case won’t fit in the PML motor adapter system. Good thing there’s more than one way to skin that guinea pig.

I hope to be there with my 3" BlackFly (Maiden Flight), Momba, modded Big Daddy and maybe a couple of my Estes birds.

Bump- forecast looks great! Looks like I'll be flying the punisher and the two stager, assuming I finish up everything tonight (av bays, recovery gear), and Tim has a motor he can sell me for the punisher (higher thrust 4-6 grain CTI 54 motor).

Trying to prep my L2 attempt. And some other rockets. My third Quark fires the channels as soon as it’s plugged in. So I’m down at least one altimeter.

Many great flights today. From what I heard many more on Sunday. Winds were low mostly right out of the West. Sunday weather looks like a repeat of Sat.

I didn’t get anything in the air due to altimeter issues with my 2 stager. That given, it was a great day for launches!

Back