Wildman Punisher 3 Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAwaySam

Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking at building a punisher 3 for my L1 certifications and I have a few questions about the punisher.

1) It is a good rocket kit for a L1 if I use a 38mm motor? I am also thinking about using it for a L2 once I get electronics and a tracker.
2) Can is handle single deployment via the motor ejection charge?
3) What is the max motor length that it can reasonably handle physically? My intrusive thoughts want to put the biggest possible 54mm motor in later but the motor mount on Wildman's RockSim file makes it look short.

I am also looking at other kits but the punisher 3 is the most tempting. Valuing opinions before spending my wallet away.

Punisher 3 can handle anything you can throw at it. It is a great L1/2 rocket and will easily do both. You can motor eject with it AND then use DD electronics as long as you built it that way. Though, its pretty easy to modify down the road as well.

Any of the Wildman 3" FG rockets will do all the things; the Punisher is one of the most popular. I would say you couldn't go wrong picking that for your build. Loads of threads on them as well over the 15+ years that its been around. Hundreds, if not thousands built.

BTW

Make sure you sign up as a Wildman Club member and make your purchase(s) during the Wildman Wednesday Members Sale and/or Wildman Black Saturday Sale (pre-Thanksgiving week).

You will save a LOT of money.

3) What is the max motor length that it can reasonably handle physically? My intrusive thoughts want to put the biggest possible 54mm motor in later but the motor mount on Wildman's RockSim file makes it look short.

You should be able to fit the AT DMS L1000 in it and top 15,000 ft.

Back