Wildman 5" Jayhawk Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there something you liked about the RRC3 vs the RRC2? I like that sled. It has both of the switch mounting options.

Was there something you liked about the RRC3 vs the RRC2? I like that sled. It has both of the switch mounting options.
For the record, I love both the RRC3 and the RRC2. I decided this year to consolidate all my MW units to the RRC3 for consistencies sake. Between MW units and Featherweight Raven 4/Blue Raven, we should be good to go for a bit.

That electronics bay turned out pretty slick. I might need to order a few. The reason I never looked the 3d printed sled is because I used the screw type switch and those weren't available on the RRC2 version.

what proccess did you use to trim the BT to size?
Taped a couple of sheets of printer paper together, and get those lined up on the OD of the tube. Then slowly cut through using a Dremel with a flexible extension shaft. I also use the thicker reinforced fiberglass cutoff wheels as well. 2-3 passes over the OD of the tube, its cuts clean through. Also wear a particle mask please. :)

Back