Why was the egg timer classic discontinued?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still want to know if you would consider releasing the PCB files if it’s a no that’s fine but I don’t see why you wouldn’t it’s no skin of your nose.
If you're looking for open source altimeter code, Google Altus Metrum. AFAIK, they are the only vendor currently open sourcing their product.

For those who don't want to remember passwords, IP addresses, etc: Don't. Save the WiFi password in your phone and bookmark the IP address. Problem solved.

I think Shakespeare wrote a play whose title describes this situation.

For those who don't want to remember passwords, IP addresses, etc: Don't. Save the WiFi password in your phone and bookmark the IP address. Problem solved.
Just do the renaming of the device & wi-fi network FIRST. AFTER the reset to save the new network name. THEN SAVE the wi-fi pass code when you reconnect to it.

If you're looking for open source altimeter code, Google Altus Metrum. AFAIK, they are the only vendor currently open sourcing their product.
The original Eggtimer Classic isn't open source, but it's built on the Arduino platform and I will send out the source code on request to registered owners (i.e. you bought one from us).

ossforaprice.jpg

If you bought a Classic and you want the source code, email us at [email protected] and I'll send it to you. BTW, it's not going to compile in anything like a current version of Arduino... too big and deprecated keywords. It was last changed in April 2015, and was last recompiled in early 2016 on Arduino 0.0023.

The code bears almost no resemblence to anything that we're currently shipping, or that you would probably write if you were doing it from scratch with a faster processor with more flash. There are a lot of seemingly inane routines that were specifically broken out to save flash memory (such as the screen routines). Your best use of this code would probably be to use it as a process flow example for your own code.

And once again, the PCB Eagle code is IP and is not available.

Latest posts

Back