Where to buy F motors without paying $60?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to the game, so a naive post: I saw the waiving of hazmat by Estes, but only got thru this thread recently (today)... Didn't think too much about it as the missus and I were planning an overseas trip and only got back this week. Are you all saying that for small quantities, the USPS can ship F's and G's etc. with no hazmat now? I see some vendors still applying the fee... is this permanent and across the board??

Late to the game, so a naive post: I saw the waiving of hazmat by Estes, but only got thru this thread recently (today)... Didn't think too much about it as the missus and I were planning an overseas trip and only got back this week. Are you all saying that for small quantities, the USPS can ship F's and G's etc. with no hazmat now? I see some vendors still applying the fee... is this permanent and across the board??
One minor correction, this new protocol applies to UPS and FedEx ground shipments for motors and reloads up to 62.5 grams each, the USPS 30 gram protocol hasn't changed.

Well that's somewhat unfortunate, however it's good to have reasonable options!
USPS protocol allows shipment of some high-power reloads that can't currently ship under the new UPS or FedEx protocol, at least until packaging is changed.

BMS, Hobbylinc, and ACSupply are up to speed. Others, too.

Will the G125T DMS with 59.6 grams of propellant be included in the hazmat free shipping also?

Will the G125T DMS with 59.6 grams of propellant be included in the hazmat free shipping also?
If it's single use with 62.5 grams or less it can ship. There are some exceptions to reloads with 62.5 gram or less grains (like Warp-9).

Here's our first LQ shipment going out to a distributor today:
IMG_4547.jpeg

Walmart is up to speed also, A 2 pack of Estes F15-4 is $26.18 with free shipping an No Hazmat

Just purchased these at Walmart

Attachments

• Walmart F15-4.jpg
    Walmart F15-4.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Walmart is up to speed also, A 2 pack of Estes F15-4 is $26.18 with free shipping an No Hazmat
I haven't seen a rocket motor at Walmart in about 10 years, do they sell them online too? I've been going to Hobby Lobby, or eRockets, Buyrocketmotors.com, Hobbylinc, or the vendor at the field.

In response to the question that started this thread – “Where to buy F motors without paying $60?“ – one answer is Impulse Buys. Impulse Buys is a motor vendor present at most Michigan launch events, including ones hosted by Michigan Team-1. I checked their website, and none of their F motors even come close to $60.

(I have no business interest in Impulse Buys, but I do serve on the BoD of Michigan Team-1, and our prefecture very much values Impulse Buys' presence at our launches.)

Back