What OOP Models Do You Have?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a 54' studebaker?

Oh, wait..

A bunch of 'Jim' Fliskits
some Thrustline models (Including his 'to be released' Aerobee Hi 2-stager)
some older Estes, and some still in thier bags..

To mention a few, Estes Mars Lander (boxed version), Centuri 1/45 Little Joe-II, an Interceptor or two, and a Centuri 1/100 Saturn-V shrinkwrapped.

This is only by memory,
Centuri:
Saturn V
Saturn 1b
1/45th Scale Little Joe II
X-24 Bug
Skylab
Centurion
Mercury Redstone
Nike Smoke
SST Shuttle

Estes:
Sky Shriek
Astron Shrike
Starship Enterprise
Klingon Battleship
Maxi Brute Honest John
Maxi Brute V-2
Night Hawk
K-36 Saturn V
K-39 Semi Scale Saturn V
2001 Saturn V
2157 Saturn V in all Versions
2048 Saturn 1b
SR-71
Interceptor G
Venus Probe

Cox:
Honest John
Nike Zeus
(Pending Delivery) Saturn 1b In Box

Dr. Zooch:
Saturn V

Last edited:
Probably hundreds....

Plus the question is vague.
I know I have kits that Estes just made OOP last year. So not vintage, but still officially OOP now.
Plus you did not indicate if unbuilt kits or include built rockets.

From memory... NCbE Bomarc, Eliminatror, Interceptor G, and X-Wing Fighter. Pre Estes NC Patriot, Lance Beta, Phantom 4000, Phantom 4000 HD, and Eliminator. Estes Phoenix (s), Silver Comet(s), Space Shuttle stack, Saturn 1 B, Saturn V K-36, Saturn V 2001, Gemini DC, ARV Condor, and I'm sure more...
Oh, Neubauer unbuilt 2.6" and unbuilt 4"Mercury Redstone, built 4" Mercury Redstone, and unbuilt Boyce Aerospace Mercury Redstone w/38mm mmt.

NCR 1/4 scale Patriot (cracked fin needs repair/replacement), Estes 1:45 scale Little Joe II (escape tower broken, needs to be replaced). Those are built.

Quest X-30, FSI Dart, Centuri Black Widow, Centuri Arrow 300, all unopened kits.

Sheri's Hot Rockets Mercury Atlas and Saturn 1B, both opened and not built. Both need some parts replacement and re-engineering (both kits were problematic and the build instructions were crap).

Then there quite a few lost and plowed under in the corn field on the family farm...

FSI: Viking 1, 2, 3. OSO, EOS, Orbit, a couple of others who's names I cant remember.
MPC: Flat Cat, Flare Patriot, ISQY Tomahawk, Zenith II, Lunar Patrol, Microsonde III, and a couple of others who's names I can't remember.
I will list the Estes and Centuri ones later.

Bought a bunch of Estes Top Shot because they are cheap, very easy to assemble, so essentially disposable. And they have a 24mm motor tube. I have a questionable D12-5 that I might sacrifice to the Top Shot gods. Did I mention easy to assemble? Doesn't even need paint.

And.... A couple of Estes Executioners, just because I think the proportions are dead nuts perfect. Have an unbuilt kit that will find a 29mm up it's butt...

Hans.

A few models I have built and flown are OOP now. Centuri Alien Scoutship Flying Saucer is probably the oldest I have, the one that survived from my childhood fleet. Quite a few Dr. Zooch models Shuttle, Saturn V, Saturn 1B, Soyuz, EFT-1, SLS. FlisKits MMX Tiddlywink, MMX Saturn V. Estes Moondog and Jinx RTF models. PSII E2X Prowler.

A few of my favorite unbuilt OOP kits in the pile from Estes: Nemesis and Star Rider, Maxi Alpha 3, Eliminator XL, PSII E2X Mammoth & Majestic (is that one OOP yet?)

Last edited:
1. original Estes Fat Boy
2. SBR Diablo
b3IZgxX.jpg

3. PML MR-1
p90xj2J.jpg

Maxi X-Wing, regular X-Wing, R2-D2 (1301), R2-D2 (2142), Maxi-Brute Honest John, Maxi-Brute V-2, USS America, Alien Scout Flying Saucer, Scissor-Wing Transport (later version with plastic swivel), Photon Disruptor (newer), USS Enterprise (rerelease), Klingon Battle cruiser (rerelease) T.I.E. Fighter (rerelease). That's all I can think of in the build pile...

Today at the coffee shop, I gave away a Taser Starter kit to a young boy with his mom's permission. I have two more plus an Apogee Apprentice Starter set to give away. The smile on the folk's faces doesn't make a day get any better.

Unassembled?

Polecat 5" Thumper. DG&A Armegeddon. Several of each of the Quest Quick kits. Estes Star Wars stuff, both flying and static. Custom Rockets, various. A bunch of Fliskits, can't remember...

Lotsa plastic model kits! A Nike Hercules from 1961. Star Wars crap. Cars.

Oh man. I am afraid of my storage unit!

Unbuild kits

Always Sat V
Bad Azz Defender MKII
BMS Starship Vincia
Centuri Buck Rogers Starfighter, Draconian Marauder
Custom Multiple
Cygnus Near Earth Attack Vehicle X-1
DFR/RSR Multiple
EAT Imperial Shuttle
Edmonds ECEE Thunder
Empire Multiple
Estes Multiple, many, many
Fat Cat F2H4 Banshee
Fliskits Multiple
K&S Multiple
Launch Pad Multiple
Model Minutes Multiple
MPC Multiple
PDR Multiple
Red River Multiple
Roachworks Pershing
Rocket in a Box Lunar Spacelines
Rocket Pad Firecat
Rogue Gnat
Semroc Multiple
Sheri Saturn V
Space X Multiple
Starlight Multiple
Stellar Dimensions VR-T-GO
Sunward Multiple
Zooch Multiple

I have been buying rocket kits since the early 1970s.
I plan to build all the kits I buy but I am 'behind the power curve' at the moment. ;)
Many of these model have gone OOP since I bought them.
After I retire I will have plenty of time to build rockets (Sure).

Estes:
Javelin/Super Flea
Space Shuttle (full stack)
Mercury Atlas
Little Joe II (1/100 scale)
LTV Scout
X Prize Lucky 7
Outlander

MPC:
Asp

Probably have more that I can't think of at the moment. All the Estes I listed are built and have flown. At some point I'll get a pic up here.

Latest posts

Back