What ever happened to Rocketmaniac?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know it's been a little while since I've been on here...... I've been VERY busy and have not had time to do anything.

In the last few months my wife and I have been able to pay off several major bills and re-finanance our house with a killer interest rate. This, alone with the un-stable economy has led us to the decision that it is time for me to go back to school. My last day of work is July 12th!!!!!

While I still have some paperwork to finish, current plans (and hopes) is that I will start school Aug 16th. What do I want to be when I grow up? How about a RAD Tech!!! You know, the "x-ray" man....... Yep I a going to get a degree in Radiologic Technology....... It is a only a 2 year program, but it will take me 3 years as I did not make it into the program this year. The college only accepted 23 students!! This fall I will take some of the basic courses; Math, English, Anotomy and Physiology and one computer class.

What has kept me from rockets is all the projects I have been doing around the house. Building a shed, building a deck around the hot tub, changing the spare bedroom into a office, (so I have a good study place) and re-doing the whole yard (totally re-landscaping the area).

And finally....... I have started a "Rocket" company. Yes, another person who has lost their mind...... I have no illusion that I will make a million dollars overnight, but I hope to make enought money to support my rocket habit..... I also have no illusion (or desire) to "take over" any one area of the rocketry market. I just plan to sell small piece and parts and re-sell kits from other companies........ So....... all you vendors....... send me info about your kits and we will talk turkey......... Oh yea, the name of my little venture is called "TOTAL THRUST"

again, good to see ya back in action.

Great to hear about the school thing, I just finished my 3 year stint to get a dgree in design Drafting. Working full time with a family to feed, can really tax your resources...yes rockets too! You will not regret going to school to better educate yourself...

Total Thrust...good luck with the venture. I have toyed with the idea of becoming a hybrid motor vender for all things hybrid, but the wife hates the idea...some day maybe...

pay's good and lots of job opportunities!

good luck!

Good to hear from you again. I tried PM'ing you a couple times but it got kicked back by our server. Doesn't look like we'll be moving back to SC after all, but things still turned out very well. We'll be down there more often at least so maybe I can make it to an O'burg launch.

It was good to see you at the launch Saturday. Hopefully things will calm down soon and you can fly again.

I AM UNEMPLOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, it actually feels weird...... I have dis-liked my job for a while and I am really looking forward to something new, but...... it feels weird not having a job.........

well, with a month before school starts and no job to take up your time...

what kind of rocket are you going to build? :D

Originally posted by Adam Selene
well, with a month before school starts and no job to take up your time...

what kind of rocket are you going to build? :D

One of my projects to re-do our "guess" room into a study / office room. The main feature of the room will be mural 67" high and 40" wide of an astronaut on a spacewalk.

As far as rockets????? I only have 6-8 that are started and 20-25 still in unopened bags!!!!!!

Check this pic of my mural

Back