What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not today, but yesterday, I ordered some more parts from 3D rockets (2 retainers, a decal, and a coupler).
I also figured out a camera mount for my rockets.

Matt

Showed my brother-in-law how to build a fiberglass kit. We both built Jarts. Sanded my daughter's Fliskits Rhino and my wife's Madcow Scooter.

Finished the paint on my Type II rocket.

The checker design was a mask provided by Stickershock, I then painted white and removed the squares one at a time. This process took about three hours.

Right now I am taking final measurements and weights.

20130707_214419rez.jpg

Did some Fill & Finish work on the fillets for my Mega Red Max. I think I'll get it painted later in the week when I'm on vacation. Right on schedule for NARAM.:cool:
Got a package on Friday from Hobbylinc with an Estes sci-fi nose cone assortment and a TLP Perseus kit. The box was a flat USPS box with a somewhat crushed end, and the Perseus kit was pretty well wrecked. One tube was totally flattened along with the coupler. The other was only flat on one end.:eyeroll: I sent Hobbylinc an e-mail and let them know about it. I'm hoping they can just send me a couple of lengths of BT 60. (I've got the coupler.) It's a very cool bird other than the flat tubes.

The local R/C club puts up an airshow every year the weekend after 4th of July: https://www.sccmas.org. This year they invited me to fly a rocket glider as part of the program. I flew both Saturday and Sunday, multiple flights.

I joined the club less than a year ago, and today I was up there showcasing R/C flight for the public among the giant-scale warbirds and the true turbine jets (yes, people fly fire-breathing, kerosene-burning, 150,000-RPM R/C). When I first started showing up with RCRGs, there was some skepticism from the veterans, but it dissipated as I built and flew bigger gliders. Today, I felt that I really got accepted as part of the club's "cool" crowd :=)

Ari.

Airshow2013.jpg sc_052413.jpg

The local R/C club puts up an airshow every year the weekend after 4th of July: https://www.sccmas.org. This year they invited me to fly a rocket glider as part of the program. I flew both Saturday and Sunday, multiple flights.

I joined the club less than a year ago, and today I was up there showcasing R/C flight for the public among the giant-scale warbirds and the true turbine jets (yes, people fly fire-breathing, kerosene-burning, 150,000-RPM R/C). When I first started showing up with RCRGs, there was some skepticism from the veterans, but it dissipated as I built and flew bigger gliders. Today, I felt that I really got accepted as part of the club's "cool" crowd :=)

Ari.

View attachment 137258 View attachment 137259

Too cool. Your gliders are amazing.

Ari.

View attachment 137258 View attachment 137259

How many flights on this thing now? Gotta be up there as one of the most flown HPR's I've seen.

Other than pulling up TRF on the screen, I got NOTHING!
Havent done a darn thing rocketry related in almost 2 months......... havent even spent any coin on ebay.....whats wrong with me?
:facepalm:

I looked at this post and called "LW Bercini" a TEASE!!!!!!!
I mean,come on here, whats up with that post? The end????? You are killing me here LW!!!!

Scotty,

Sorry 'bout that, but with this build I am looking at "the box" in the rear view mirror. I have serious doubts about the structural stability of this design so I am working up a boilerplate for a launch next weekend. I just happened to have taken a picture of a construction step for an earlier e-mail, so I decided to include it in my post. It was not my intent to tease, rather I just thought this one was not ready for prime time.

I opened my new Estes Mini Fatboy,sniffed its pristine escense,laid out the contents an took a few pictures ! Oh yes.IMG_2363.jpg

Finally got my GLR order in today, that reflective G-10 is gonna be perfect for a night rocket. Need to sand down the fin root edge so it will fit in the "groove-lok" adapter then cut the slots in my body tube. Do I start a build thread for this.... Decisions, decisions.....

masked yellow color coat and painted upper section, nose, and two fins black on my estes astron elliptic II. peeled back tape and wrapping after 1 hour, ready for decals in a day when I dare to handle it again.

AstronElliptic.jpg

... and working on madcow dx3 av/bay for dual deployment. did ground testing under cover of the 4th of july neighborhood "festivities".

Made 16 ejection charge holders from old Aero-Tech igniter tubes and Quest Q2G2 igniters.

20130709_072419.jpg

slapped in bt20mm tubes in a couple spools my brother gave me. Cut an A8-3 motor to use for engine blocks. All that's left is drilling a hole for rod and paint these bad boys up.

Back