What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished a few birds. Paint drying now. Photos forthcoming. Estes Photon Probe, Cosmic Explorer and a PS-II bash that should *just* make for some great F15-6 BP flights. I got the weight down to 12.2 Oz. w/o motor, so looking at right around 16OZ at liftoff.

Received my Micro-Buttons from Rail-Buttons.com. Kudos to them for a nice product and fast shipping.
Also got my Makerbeam from Amazon, who packaged it poorly and shipped it UPS.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hope UPS goes out of business.

Now I need to find a new place to get Makerbeam.

View attachment 260582View attachment 260583

You just need to buy enough so when it's all taped together, it can't bend ;)

Krusty

Well let's face it, its an aluminum extrusion that's 10mm square - less than 1/2". And, in this case, its 5 feet long. Not a good recipe for shipping...

Anyway, fillets and more fillets! I epoxy filleted the next side on my Astron Ranger upscale. And, since I bored yesterday while home sick and waiting for previous fillets to cure, I started building a Baby Bertha to round out the family. So, tonight, the first half of filleting:
WP_003085.jpg

Got the 10 ft. conduit mounted on my tower base plate. Made another frame and mounted it at the top.

016.jpg

Also built the recovery for the new Blackhawk 54. Sewed up a new pocket to hold the streamer, tracker beacon and 1/4" kevlar shock cord. Found an old Atomic Rockets 36" vented chute that fits in the payload, and a nomex pad for it. Put ejection charges and a motor in it, and it's ready to fly!

Bigger Bertha, Baby Bertha:
WP_003086.jpg

Just finished construction of Junior here. I picked up Excelsior's Baby Bertha sized 1965 Bertha Air Force decals, so it'll match the big one when done.

Packed van for Orangeburg. Weather looks good enough that I should be able to burn some APCP - first of the year - finally!

That must be why they call it Makerbeam. You have to make it be a Beam.
It's absolutely worthless otherwise!
What did they ship it in? When I got my 6' rods from McMaster-Carr it was sent in thick wall tubes but not all that thick, the 3" tube will become a M motor mount :)

After not doing anything for months, I finally started work on a kit that I received as a Christmas Gift. I had my eye on this kit for a long time-the Rocketry Warehouse Adventurer 3. it's a 3 inch kit that reminds me of my 2 favorite kits: the original Wildman and the PR Intimidator. It's all black with a filament wound cone and a 54mm mount - should make a great looking and very fast bird, a Machbuster with the right motor! It should go together pretty quick and if I don't see anyone else has done it - maybe a build thread on this one?

Great day of flying at TORC703's field on Rip Rap Road in Dayton. Across the street from eRockets current home. Scored a new Semroc Goblin, plus a Semroc Goblin T shirt. The high power field was knee deep in mud, so we launched at the Rip Rap Road field, which was nice and grassy. Slight wind that did a major direction change twice during the launch, but wasnt a problem. 60s and sunny, so it was nice to be outside. Launched my new NewWay N21 Night Fighter on a C6-5, Renegade D on a D12-5, Shrox helios clone on a D12-5, Fliskit Corona 2 on a C6-0 staging to a C6-7, scratch built Tube Fin One on an Aerotech F39T and Aerotech StrongArm on a Aerotech G53FJ. Attached my Altimeter One to the Tube Fin and StrongArm. StrongArm went about 40 feet higher than the sim predicted and the Tube Fin was about 50 feet short. Came home to let my dog out before she got too uncomfortable and stumbled across the last hour and a half of Rush's Clockwork Angels concert (in Dallas I think) on Paladia. Blurry pictures of rockets attached.

IMG_1115a.jpg

IMG_0993a.jpg

IMG_0967a.jpg

IMG_0929a.jpg

IMG_0914a.jpg

IMG_0883a.jpg

I work on my trailer ( ggod thing I'm only at 8 km of the field and no underpass )

new_zpsretjgzo0.jpg

Launched my WM Punisher at NEFAR. Flew it to 4100' on a J250 & safely landed in some treetops about 20' out of reach. Thankfully one of the vendors had a 20' telescoping hook which I was eventually able to hook shock cord and wrestle it down. No damage, just scratched paint.

of course it's rocket related, look at the 6 bundles of 4" PVC pipe to make sugar motors .....of course not.....

Finished both of the Rocwerks kits today, finally had enough warm weather for paint then decals. Awesome kits!!!
Thanks Thobin!

1428805079438.jpg

Attachments

• 1428805091126.jpg
    1428805091126.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 16
I finished the Mid-Power µRail pad today. The rail is 2m long MiSumi beam, not the OpenBeam. The buttons are 3-48 SS truss head screws and nylon shoulder washers. Here are few pics of the finished pad and some detail shots of my design choices.

For whatever reason, I cannot upload photos here anymore, so here they are on flickr.

I sanded and primed my Squat project. I also ordered some AT's from pyrobob. So looking forward to my H250G, I am loving the fact that I can mail-order 29mm motors without Haz. If you were to put a gun to my head and make me choose a single motor diameter for the rest of my life, it would hands down be the 29mm.

FINALLY got some painting done. :facepalm:

Me too!!!
I'm sick of staring at all these primer grey "winter rockets" already!!!
This is the Crossfire that I got out of a recently and re-built with the parts that were worth saving.
Just a couple of coats of white, but it is a start.

Some Paint Crossfire 2015-04-12 005.jpg

Back