Well... Whadjallget?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Fess up.
We ALL know you got something.
(Unless you have missassembled a CTI motor, that just means you are special and get SQUAT for Christmas... :rofl: )

Formula 75
Formula 38
Enough Parts for a long 38mm/29mmt rocket
Forstner Bit Set
New Ski Jacket

Haven't yet opened (but still know what they are):
Warrior Mini from Wildman
Box-o-parts from Rocketry Warehouse

Well? FESS UP!!!

will update later today we are hours away from opening presents , for sure under tree I have a Estes Mega Mosquito

:santa-smile:

Not much in the way of rocket stuff this year, but I got a brand new Bauer X 7.0 hockey stick!

Gift card to Hobby Lobby, Levi winter jacket, Gift card to "City BarBeQue", 24 Estes kits (a gift to myself), and a couple of shirts.

I did good this year! :D

-Entacore AIM XTRA gps flight computer and base station
-Wildman Vindicator Jr. bought during black friday sale
-Loki Research 38-240 N-s and 38-480 N-s motor sets
- 1 of every type of load for each loki case, except the moon burner for the 38-480

Now I need to find some time to go get my HAM license, the closest place to take the test is an hour drive :facepalm: at least the test is relatively easy

well this year I got myself an Estes argent (a first run kit(Mar 2012))...which needed a little help. the small end of the transition was a tad small, fixed that with one layer of cardstock glued into the payload bay, and since the package was open I built a baffle into the tube coupler. after the glue dried everything was put back into the bag, wrapped, and placed under the tree to be opened today. this morning I dug out some Aluminized Mylar (purchased from Estes in '74) and made a new chute for my zoom broom.
Rex

argent 001.jpg

argent 003.jpg

argent 004.jpg

I got fairly lucky between yesterday and today:

Aerotech Astrobee D
Wildman Shape Shifter mini
Wildman Darkstar lite
Wildman Blackhawk 24
F12J reloads
E11J reloads
G76G reloads
G53FJ reloads
F39T reloads
10 pack of massive mylar space blankets (to turn into parachutes and streamers)
12" nylon parachute
12" thin mill nylon parachute
18" thin mill nylon parachute
3 6*6" nomex blankets- kinda weird we only ever ordered one:confused:
1 quart of rocketpoxy
Formula 38
recovery wadding

Last edited:
I got fairly lucky between yesterday and today:

Aerotech Astrobee D
Wildman Shape Shifter Jr.
Wildman Darkstar lite
Wildman Blackhawk 24
F12J reloads
E11J reloads
G76G reloads
G53FJ reloads
F39T reloads
10 pack of massive mylar space blankets (to turn into parachutes and streamers)
12" nylon parachute
12" thin mill nylon parachute
18" thin mill nylon parachute
3 6*6" nomex blankets- kinda weird we only ever ordered one:confused:
1 quart of rocketpoxy
Formula 38
recovery wadding

You got some nice kits! What do you plan on flying the shape shifter jr on? Dual deploy? :D

I got my fin jig. Woot!

No more eyeballing straight fins for me.

well this year I got myself an Estes argent (a first run kit(Mar 2012))...which needed a little help. the small end of the transition was a tad small, fixed that with one layer of cardstock glued into the payload bay, and since the package was open I built a baffle into the tube coupler. after the glue dried everything was put back into the bag, wrapped, and placed under the tree to be opened today. this morning I dug out some Aluminized Mylar (purchased from Estes in '74) and made a new chute for my zoom broom.
Rex

You did not do that... Merry Christmas buddy!

I'm flabbergasted - Got a gift card for Joe's Crab Shack, Tickets for Amy Schumer in February, and a trip to Mexico City in March to see Tool, WOW! Rockets? What are those?!?

rocket related.... I got this toolbox, & I got a $100 gift cert for my local hobby shop, new PSII build, here I come ;)
Picture 3847.jpg

You got some nice kits! What do you plan on flying the shape shifter jr on? Dual deploy? :D

Thanks!

Actually I misspoke about the shape-shifter. I meant mini, but typed Jr. :blush: It's been a long day...

Nate

My bro gave me a box of a dozen or so mixed 54mm, 38mm and 29mm phenolic and kraft tubes, a 5.38" pml phenolic tube and a few LOC nosecones. Probably gonna be a few high power scratchers in my future. I also got a bacon wave microwave bacon cooker. My kids gave the wife and I an Apple TV box.

Upon further investigation it appears that the big tube is 6 inches not 5.38. I had a 5.38 nose cone on hand, I guess I need to buy a 6 incher now.

Last edited:
I received a Leviathan kit, and tickets to see Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow afternoon at Nationwide Arena. I was totally surprised with the tickets.

Rocketry related:

Estes PSII Majestic from my fiancee
Estes OOP Super Big Bertha

Non rocketry related:

Latrax Alias - this thing is a blast. Basically the Hubsan X4 H107 / Traxxas QR-1 on steroids.:D
The autobiography of HL CEO and founder, David Green - been wanting to read this for awhile.

My parents bought me an Altimeter 2 to replace the one I crushed last summer ><
My wife got me a bottle of Maker's Mark amongst other things, which lead to me ordering a 29/120, 29/360, 2 29/40-120's, and a 38/1320. :) :)

You did not do that... Merry Christmas buddy! I'm flabbergasted - Got a gift card for Joe's Crab Shack, Tickets for Amy Schumer in February, and a trip to Mexico City in March to see Tool, WOW! Rockets? What are those?!?

Nice score. Went to Joes for the first time when we went on vacation in Georgia, never thought to see if we had one here. I try not to envy what others have but the Tool tickets in Mexico -swweeeettt. I had to slip away for a bit of 46&2 yesterday at my wife's families house ( too many relatives ).

I got a Jolly Logic Altimeter Two, which was requested, but not guaranteed. Awesome!

I got a Rockwell Jawstand, which I bought a few weeks ago and told my wofe to put a bow on it ---30 bucks and no sales tax. sweet!

And I got a pile of rockets from the crazy Estes sale that I put in a shopping cart and told my wife were an awesome deal --- D region tomahawk, mega mosquito, reflector, long Tom, and Xarconian Cruiser. Cool!

Non-rocketry related, I also got a bunch of merino wool base layer, workout clothes, and backpacking clothes I wanted. Plus a really nice wool shirt jacket I really wanted. I'm happy!

There are a few factors that make Christmas a little unusual for me. One is that my birthday comes very soon after Christmas, so things I ask for may come on my birthday a little bit later instead of on Christmas. And my wife and I are not opposed to buying things we personally want and giving them to each other to wrap up and give as gifts. So I know for a fact there is an Estes Saturn V on its way for my birthday, because I bought it myself and gave it to my wife. Also, there may very well be an 808 #16 camera coming for my birthday. That is still to be determined.

All-in-all I'm super pleased rocket-wise. The altimeter is going to be lots of fun. And, with all the new ones plus the kits in the build pile, I've got plenty of kits to keep me busy. The Jawstand will make an excellent pad for the MPR.

I got a trip to KSC and a 29/120 for G25Ws! I love my fiancée!!! Got a good bit of non-rocketry related stuff from the folks, other fam and future in laws!

Cable Cutter and a custom t-shirt my sister in law made for me that says, "I am an Aerospace Engineer, to save time let's assume that I am never wrong".

Kobalt Work Stool
Rockwell Jaw Stand
Darkstar Lite (hasn't come in yet)
Grammar police shirt
Scarf (knitted by girlfriend)

It was a great day. My dad, brother, and myself spent the night playing Cards Against Humanity (which was what I got my brother). I finished the night by working on my latest scratch build, the Flying Royal Duke. :D Merry Holidays y'all!

A new robe...cuz,...damn!

A really sharp kitchen knife.

A TLP Perseus II.

And a bottle of George Takei's "Eau My"...cuz...damn.

Last edited:
I got the Husky tool tote, which I will use both around the house and at launches to carry misc gear. My 8 yr old son cleaned up with 3 rockets, including the starter set - very happy boy!

image.jpg

Nothing for Christmas this year that was rocketry related. I got a Siberian Husky for Christmas/Master's graduation present.

Rocketry Related: 2 personal alarms for use as sonic locators in my rockets and a copy of Modern High Power Rocketry 2.

image-1126745234.jpg

image-789240056.jpg

Among other things I also got this fantastic book that I highly recommend any Mars Exploration buff own.

image-3243166883.jpg

And here is the back of the cover:

image-3251914224.jpg

Probably the most amusing gift I got, was a homemade coupon from my parents for free Hazmat shipping on my next order of CTI reloads:) (and it even had fine print!:p)

Somehow rocketry related:

Band Saw
Airbrush & Compressor
Cutting Mat
Hobby Lobby Gift Card

Latest posts

Back