vent holes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samD403534

Reaction score
Hello all!
Im flying my 4" loc IV for my Jr L1 attempt Sunday. I added a vent hole between my 2 rail buttons (one placed at the bottom, and one placed near the cg), and it seemed like an odd placement because it looks a little bit lower than I would usually do it. I remember someone telling me that it was okay, so thats why I did it.
Now, Because its lower than usual, should i patch it up and put one near the top, or keep it as is?

I usually put them an inch or two below the base of nose cone shoulder but for the LOC IV, you’ll be fine since you’re only going a couple thousand feet if that.

Hello all!
Im flying my 4" loc IV for my Jr L1 attempt Sunday. I added a vent hole between my 2 rail buttons (one placed at the bottom, and one placed near the cg), and it seemed like an odd placement because it looks a little bit lower than I would usually do it. I remember someone telling me that it was okay, so thats why I did it.
Now, Because its lower than usual, should i patch it up and put one near the top, or keep it as is?
Good luck with the cert flight.

Back