• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found USR Swarm kit or specs/plans for one

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much of that was due to the cheap plywood Jerry used? After all, the original had what coud charitably be described as "carpet tube" airframe!.

Will probably glass them, now that I have a vacuum pump, the vacuum bagging connector, and the rest of the materials to vacuum-bag them. Since I have two extra fins, I have a bit of leeway, in case I make a mistake.
Yep, cheap plywood and infamous carpet tube body tube. Have had the same problem with better quality wood from around the same age. Guess it’s more the decades-long storage in a Georgian garage.

Glassing is good.

Lo and behold, I was digging around in the (vast) pile of kits, parts, built rockets, etc and look what I found - an unopened Swarm kit from Jerry!

Who knows what else lurks in the deep dark build pile... From the date on the newspapers in the box, looks like I got this from Jerry in 2017.

On the road for the rest of the week, but happy to post up any pictures / scans you need.

Swarm_2.jpg

Swarm_1.jpg

Lo and behold, I was digging around in the (vast) pile of kits, parts, built rockets, etc and look what I found - an unopened Swarm kit from Jerry!

Who knows what else lurks in the deep dark build pile... From the date on the newspapers in the box, looks like I got this from Jerry in 2017.

On the road for the rest of the week, but happy to post up any pictures / scans you need.

View attachment 635238

View attachment 635239
Kewl!

I've got some phone pics of the instructions, but good PDF scans of them would be nice, if you are able to. Also, pics of the parts in the box would be nice, as well.

My fiberglass airframe, centering rings, bulkhead, and 3" motor mount arrived today. Just need 12 29mm tubes and nosecone. (Already have 8 fins.)

Kewl!

I've got some phone pics of the instructions, but good PDF scans of them would be nice, if you are able to. Also, pics of the parts in the box would be nice, as well.

My fiberglass airframe, centering rings, bulkhead, and 3" motor mount arrived today. Just need 12 29mm tubes and nosecone. (Already have 8 fins.)

ACK - Will do - may be the end of the weekend before I can get you everything, but will post here as I get things scanned/photographed

Scan of the instructions attached below. Here are some photos of the contents of the box:

Kit Contents.jpg

Kit Hardware
Kit Hardawre.jpg

BT length
BT Length.jpg

BT ID
BT ID.jpg

BT OD
BT OD.jpg

Coupler Length
Coupler Length.jpg

BT Thickness
BT Thickness.jpg

Collar

Collar.jpg

75mm MMT Length
75mm Tube length.jpg

Long 29mm Tubes
29mm MMTs length.jpg

Short 29mm Tubes
Short 29mm tube length.jpg

Attachments

• 6in Swarm Instructions.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

View attachment 635238

View attachment 635239

Yes please to all specs and pictures you can provide

Back