Upstate Research Rocketry Festival 3 - RAFFLE SCHEDULE POSTED - CC taken on site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to launch news... The signup sheet is filling up fast, get to it soon to pick the best spots and times.

The vendor list is growing everyday and there will be several options for launch day motors.

So, what's everyone going to be bringing out to fly?

I will be attempting a Hybrid K TRA altitude record flight. 54mm min diameter rocket flying on a Contrail K256 motor. Building the rocket over the next few weeks.

Well with a resume like that then you of all people ought to know how utterly classless it is to hammer a club like this. And with your resume that just makes me even more disappointed in you. Go take your axe to grind elsewhere. URRG runs a great launch.

-Dave

No axe to grind. Question asked, and answered.

I've always enjoyed the launches at Potter over the years. It's not easy finding a good launch site in the Northeast and keeping the landowner happy. URGG has been doing a good job. Because of their unique situation, they have higher costs. End of story.

After moving to the Southwest 12 years ago, I usually plan a summer trip back to visit friends and family around the 4th of July. There used to be NYPOWER launches around that time, but in the last several years there's been a (small or large) launch at Potter. For me, it's not about launching rockets, it's about hanging out with friends, seeing new projects people have, and meeting new people. (I get to launch rockets all year with a 75K waiver.)

Now back to the URRF thread!

I agree with you 100%... At last years LDRS, I and my wife purchased big time raffle tickets and like many others, didn't win squat, for what ever reason... As for as the cost of this launch; "I'm registering before the price increase deadline and I'm not even sure I will be able to attend because of some potential issues beyond my control"... Don't expect a refund either---If I can attend great, otherwise it's a donation... As someone mentioned, "the price of a good I motor"---big deal...:facepalm:

PS, someone still needs to cash my membership check payment...:wink:

Hey Fred,,
It's funny but the rip off thing is a good idea for Red Glare...
Is this a viable option ??
I don't know how MDRA has things set up...
Is Bob U aware of this idea ??
No biggie of course if it's too late in the game to make a change like this for the Red Glare event,,
it's right around the corner now....

Teddy

I doubt you will see an increase in launch fees at MDRA Red-Glare launches, as we require, in addition to the Red-Glare launch fee, a current annual membership...

Proceeds from raffles at Red-Glare, for the most part, go to support what ever charity we are supporting for that year---don't see any changes to that coming down the pike either... Those are just my educated opinions, as I haven't been on the MDRA BOD for years...

KKKK Fred,,,
Just thought it might help...
Now that I'm going to get beat up when I get to Potter for hijacking this thread,,, lol...

Sorry guy's,, lol..

Teddy

Okay enough about launch fees and rockets :wink: I want a t-shirt to add to my ever growing cheesy rocket event t-shirt collection. Any idea on when will they will be available, are sill working on the design?

Last edited:
Okay enough about launch fees and rockets :wink: I want a t-shirt to add to my ever growing cheesy rocket event t-shirt collection. Any idea on when will they will be available, are sill working on the design?

I think the design is nearly finalized. You will not be disappointed in it's cheesiness :)

Man, you got good timing! Designs were just finalized and they should be availabe on the website.... end of the week I hope :)

Oh Teddy... we were going to beat you up anyways when you get here :)

I thought you were going to do what my buddy Fred T the stage king does...
Every time I go out to recover he has a "90% off everything in stock sale"....lol...

Teddy

I thought you were going to do what my buddy Fred T the stage king does...
Every time I go out to recover he has a "90% off everything in stock sale"....lol...

Teddy

Now thats a good idea.... I was just gonna ask to see a 76/8000 and club you with it....waiting for you to go recover and then flooding your tracker's freq would give me even more time!

Now thats a good idea.... I was just gonna ask to see a 76/8000 and club you with it....waiting for you to go recover and then flooding your tracker's freq would give me even more time!

Wow Ted, I can just feel the love lol. Dave are you guy's doing the select parking thing like you did at LDRS?

Wow Ted, I can just feel the love lol. Dave are you guy's doing the select parking thing like you did at LDRS?

No kiddin,, right Glenn..
Don't you just get that sense of warmth,,, lol...

Teddy

Hi Guys. Last night I got the first batch of 50 URRG membership cards ready to mail today. Fred I will get that check of yours cashed next week when I stop by the credit union. Lots of members and flyers signed up. Every year we do a different membership card this year has a twist to compliment other things to come. just a hint. Really looking forward to camping at flint creek looks like a lot will be there.

We will have committee members available to instruct and work along if necessary for range duties for anyone wanting to get involved with them. We are looking forward to new faces getting involved. Its a great experience and introduces many new friends. Encourage anyone you know especially younger flyers. We will be there for them.

Last edited:
The shirts are listed on the website. There are three designs to choose from starting at $16! Check them out at https://urrf.us/shop you can also get raffle tickets. We will be raffling off various prizes including $20 and $50 URRF vendor gift cards every day.
Vegas-Gold-Front.png
Stone-Blue-Back.png
Pistachio-Pocket.png

Last edited:
The shirts are great one of our members got involved with the design and did a great job. I ordered my shirt last night and with the price will probably get one of each. I love the retro look.

I think the design is nearly finalized. You will not be disappointed in it's cheesiness :)

Oh, yeah. Maximum cheese. I do like the color variety, though. :wink:

Dammit, how come none of shirts say "Upstate Research Rocketry Festival?" Now I will have to repeatedly explain what "URRF" means to all my friends.......

Oh, yeah. Maximum cheese. I do like the color variety, though. :wink:

Dammit, how come none of shirts say "Upstate Research Rocketry Festival?" Now I will have to repeatedly explain what "URRF" means to all my friends.......

See? It's a conversation starter in a bar!

The shirts are listed on the website. There are three designs to choose from starting at $16! Check them out at https://urrf.us/shop you can also get raffle tickets. We will be raffling off various prizes including $20 and $50 URRF vendor gift cards every day.
Vegas-Gold-Front.png
Stone-Blue-Back.png
Pistachio-Pocket.png

So how large is large is it a medium large or a large large or an X-large, if you know what I am trying to say.

Usually when that conversation comes up with strangers they usually look at me like there is something wrong, then they ultimately ask me why I do it, what is the purpose, followed by "I don't get it" :confused:

I get looks of concern, then that dorky look, then "how much does that cost?"

Unless it's scout dad's. Then it's just pure admiration and high-fives

So how large is large is it a medium large or a large large or an X-large, if you know what I am trying to say.

I know exactly what you're trying to say. I'm told they fit true to size. Not sure if it helps but here is a size chart
Size-chart.jpg

Last edited:
Usually when that conversation comes up with strangers they usually look at me like there is something wrong, then they ultimately ask me why I do it, what is the purpose, followed by "I don't get it" :confused:

That happens every time at Appleby's in Canadaigua. Never happens at Smugglers. Wonder why lol.

That happens every time at Appleby's in Canadaigua. Never happens at Smugglers. Wonder why lol.

Could just be me.

My wife tells me all the time that I have a miserable look on my face and not very approachable. I tell her that I just look that way on the outside but I am bubbling over with enthusiasm on the inside.

Could just be me.

My wife tells me all the time that I have a miserable look on my face and not very approachable. I tell her that I just look that way on the outside but I am bubbling over with enthusiasm on the inside.

hahahahahahahahaha

Sorry man,,,
That's DEFINITELY getting borrowed, ripped, whatever..

Teddy

Large it is then, just when I felt I was getting a bit rotund and graduating sizes along comes and oversized chart...what ever happened to S,M,L.
That's not right....
The skinny guy is sayin he's rotund....
Reily and I take offense to that...lol...

Teddy

We've explained to the girls there's a baby inside mommy. Other than the "to die for cute" of them asking the baby to come out and play..... One of the girls pointed to my belly and goes " BAYBEE in-side JOO?"

Yea, so no more beer for awhile. (Pass the wine ;) )

Back