3D Printing Upgrade to High Flow Hotends (goal = high-speed, large nozzle, vase mode for large nose cones)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This printed in 38min. Normally if I was using a .4mm nozzle with 3 walls and .2mm layer height this would take 2hr 22min at 80mm/sec exterior walls and 120mm/sec interior walls. That being said, not sure it is worth the trade-offs -- design as well as quality / detail.
This is where statistics can be misleading. If someone said they could help me reduce print time by 75% that seems like something I'd be highly interested in. However, the flip side is printing time isn't a huge deal if I'm doing other things while the print is running. I plan my build activities to avoid waiting on the printer to finish a part. So faster prints are essentially worthless to me. Higher quality prints are valuable to me because that means less finishing time. But again, that's for my specific situation. If my printer was the bottleneck in my build process (I am actually the bottleneck) then I'd obviously feel differently.

I am going to shift my attention to upgrading the hotend on my Ender 6 with another Triangle Labs CHC (not a pro though) hotend.

My goal here is really to do very large nose cones relatively fast so the 400mm of height in the Ender 6 may help make this worthwhile.

I need to add a top to the printer (enclose it), move extruder to shorten Bowden tube, change Bowden tube (tighter tolerance / smaller ID), upgrade rollers, change leveling springs for silicone pads, and change hotend. Trying to decide if I should move the CHC Pro hotend to that printer and put the CHC on the MK3s clone. The CHC and CHC pro hot ends are interchangeable (the heat sync and heatbreak are the parts that are printer specific to the Ender vs. MK3s).

Latest posts

Back