Two Saturn 1B's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Claunch

Reaction score
I have a question? Does Jim Facket have all the different size tudes for cloning the Saturn 1B in 1/100 or just the 1st stage fule tanks? If he does what are are the size and the price of the tubes. :confused:

Frank,

The only other two tubes needed are the BT-80 for the main body and the tail (although this is not the scale size...the tail should be 2.7" not 2.6" like the top tank to be right)

The command module tube he might have...I haven't checked...is a BT-58 and they are available from Estes parts department.

Actually I was taking the dimesions right from Pete Always Book "Rockets Of The World" and the scale dimensions show:

Main body=260" (1/100th scale would be 2.6")

Tanks=70" (.70")

Bottom skirt=270" (2.70") This is where the original model varied from scale and used the same BT-80 tube

Service module=154" (1.54"...this is a BT-58 from Estes)

The scalloped bottom transition piece and decals are available from JimZ's Hobbies as a resin reproduction.

The Apollo capsule is the same one used in the Estes 1/100th Saturn V and is also still available right from Estes.

sandman

Milo,

To avoid any confusion maybe you can combine this thread "Two Satun 1B's" with the one I started "Two Saturn 1B's!!!"

Or in the words of Arlo Guthrie, "One big pile of garbage is better than two little piles of garbage"..."Alice's Restaurant"

sandman

Milo - don't forget the pictures "with lines and circles and arrows" but be careful that you don't run into a case of "blind justice."

sandman, I play that record every once in a while. (Yes, I said "record.") My wife and kids hate it.

hehehe.... that's probably why I play it.

Back