Turnigy LiPo alternatives?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why they would put an XT30 on a battery like this... it's a pretty big connector designed to handle 30A of constant current. Any R/C vehicle that uses that little 300 mAH battery isn't going to pull anywhere near that. The common JST-RCY connectors (the red ones) are rated for 3A continuous, 20A peak; that's a much better match for hobby rocketry use.

Not sure why they would put an XT30 on a battery like this... it's a pretty big connector designed to handle 30A of constant current. Any R/C vehicle that uses that little 300 mAH battery isn't going to pull anywhere near that. The common JST-RCY connectors (the red ones) are rated for 3A continuous, 20A peak; that's a much better match for hobby rocketry use.
They used to be jst when I bought them a year ago, not sure why they would change.

Agreed, but it's getting to hard to find JST-RCY connectors on batteries that I'm starting to think about wiring everything I have with XT30 plugs. :(

I wonder what guage wire that is going into the XT30 connector ?

AWG - American Wire Gauge Current Ratings

Just sayin' ... :)

-- kjh

EDIT: never mind, I found it ( 22# silicone line ) in the 2nd image of the TATTU 7.4V 300mAh 2S 45C LiPo Battery Pack

Last edited:
I'm having a sad rocketry day. One of my eggFinder Minis appears to be dead - after an hour outside it hasn't even gotten a time off the constellation. And when I went to verify the frequency programming of my new Telemetry Module, I discovered I had left the Proton's lipo plugged in when I was last testing it. I've resuscitated mostly dead lipos in the past, but both cells are under 1V this time.

I'd already discovered that my preferred Turnigy nanotech 2S 300mAh 45-90C battery seems to have become unobtanium. Amazon shows me a lot of alternative brands. I'm eyeing the Spektrum as most similar.

Anyone have a preferred Lipo brand?
Sorry, I know this is an old thread. It popped up for me since I’m getting into electronics and consequently need batteries.

I would avoid the Spektrum batteries. I’ve had two die (drop one cell in a 3S pack) and they are not salvageable. HobbyKing replaced one under warranty. Then the replacement did the same thing. I even charged on CC mode with no balance leads and it won’t wake up.

Back