Trouble contacting Rocketmam Parachutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a couple of weeks, but I started trying to contact them early. Buddy called me, and after that I got the order in 3 days. I don't think calling or emailing them helps too much, but Buddy got back to me by responding to one of my voicemails. Buddy was concerned about the forum posts, and to me that's understandable. However, I can't explain the delays, and I hope this problem gets resolved in the future because the products are good..
Buddy should be concerned about the forum posts as they speak to the root cause of the issue at hand: COMMUNICATION

Glad you got your stuff after multiple emails, phone calls, and voicemails.

I agree I love their products.. they should put something up onntheir website for delays etc.. otherwise they will go the way of rocketry warehouse.. at least someone was able to buy them out.. to many leave and their products just go away :(

Took a couple of weeks, but I started trying to contact them early. Buddy called me, and after that I got the order in 3 days. I don't think calling or emailing them helps too much, but Buddy got back to me by responding to one of my voicemails. Buddy was concerned about the forum posts, and to me that's understandable. However, I can't explain the delays, and I hope this problem gets resolved in the future because the products are good..
Maybe I need to sign up for facebook and do the same.. if he's upset people are hearing about reality then he needs to change the reality not hush the truth.. what forum did you post on? You cant on their page as they can just delete the comment and block you.. same on Instagram. Not into shaming but you shouldnt have to go to this kind of extreme just for customer service these days.. its kind of like the camera everywhere thing.. treat people well or someone has filmed it or talked about it on a forum..

I sent in a 12' toroidal chute to have two busted shroud lines repaired over a month ago. It was supposedly shipped back to me, but it never arrived. I've called every day for the past week and sent emails with no response. I guess that's a $400 loss I'll never recover.

I sent in a 12' toroidal chute to have two busted shroud lines repaired over a month ago. It was supposedly shipped back to me, but it never arrived. I've called every day for the past week and sent emails with no response. I guess that's a $400 loss I'll never recover.
I would send him a strong email threatening law enforcement showing up as his doorstep if he doesn't send it back. Sometimes these people need a little heat on their doorstep but sometimes they just don't care enough.

I would send him a strong email threatening law enforcement showing up as his doorstep if he doesn't send it back. Sometimes these people need a little heat on their doorstep but sometimes they just don't care enough.
I'm going to send a paper letter by US Certified Mail. I hope it gets his attention. I'd hate to get law enforcement or the courts involved. If I have to, I'd consider a case in small claims court. I've met Buddy before and he's a nice guy. I'm really disappointed that it's coming to this. :-(

Law enforcement won't do anything for a civil matter like this. If there was a shipping number, go after the carrier.

Wouldn't you think if you had posted a order 5 months ago and it was paid with your MC Buddy would give an answer to that order

I tried calling him today and got voicemail. He said my order should be shipping last week.. crickets.. if I don't hear from him tomorrow I'll send a dispute to my credit card company :( :( :(.. guess I'll need to make my own 10" streamers

His website says most items are in stock.. so 1 month should be more than adequate time to package something up

I just messaged on facebook and also reached out to Ky Mickleson to ask about it.. I mentioned contacting BBB, state AG and my CC company, got an immediate canned response on facebook.. we shall see if it does anything. Ill make sure to mention other folks having issues to make sure they understand its being talked about online

I just messaged on facebook and also reached out to Ky Mickleson to ask about it.. I mentioned contacting BBB, state AG and my CC company, got an immediate canned response on facebook.. we shall see if it does anything. Ill make sure to mention other folks having issues to make sure they understand its being talked about online
Threats, even legal, rarely make it past the Facebook police.

Threats, even legal, rarely make it past the Facebook police.
Over the past few years, I have experienced really slow shipping, requiring email and phone calls I should not have needed to make. That, and reading the issues posted on RF has caused me to no longer order directly from Rocketman. Problem solved... Want my business, communicate with me when there is a delay. Waiting thirty days plus for an item that is listed, "available", is not the way to do business.

Last edited:
I was honestly looking to place an order with this place, but no longer. I have run a business, and your word and reputation is a live or die deal. If you're going to sell to the public, have a working system. If you have made it big enough to travel the world, then you should have a infrastructure set up that makes sure the company runs while you're away. I'll pay someone more to fulfill my order in a timely manner, than send my money out into la-la land.....Sorry to read about this situation...rsbhunter

I was honestly looking to place an order with this place, but no longer. I have run a business, and your word and reputation is a live or die deal. If you're going to sell to the public, have a working system. If you have made it big enough to travel the world, then you should have a infrastructure set up that makes sure the company runs while you're away. I'll pay someone more to fulfill my order in a timely manner, than send my money out into la-la land.....Sorry to read about this situation...rsbhunter
Put a chute order in with Valkyrie Recovery. Ben is a far better and more reliable person than Buddy and Ky. He’s also a veteran.

Facebook messenger to Ky and Buddy garnered me a message saying my order will be shipped tomorrow, I will update if it actually happens.. either way I will go to valkarie and ask for something custom to be similar to rocketman before going back.. heck Jodi (ROCKETWOMAN) on ebay has sold and delivered chutes since my order with RM.. if she doesn't show it ask her she may have it...chute wise.. I haven't seen any braided shock cords.. super fast shipping and great communication as well.

Facebook messenger to Ky and Buddy garnered me a message saying my order will be shipped tomorrow, I will update if it actually happens.. either way I will go to valkarie and ask for something custom to be similar to rocketman before going back.. heck Jodi (ROCKETWOMAN) on ebay has sold and delivered chutes since my order with RM.. if she doesn't show it ask her she may have it...chute wise.. I haven't seen any braided shock cords.. super fast shipping and great communication as well.
image000000 (1).jpg
:popcorn:

Back