Tripoli Mid Ohio Website gone Live!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Austin

Yes, finally after a month of prep and design, then several months hunting down the right host that DOESN'T have advertisements, the Tripoli Mid Ohio Website is now resting in it's new home with a real URL...

Check it out here: www.tripolimidohio.org

Carl
TMO Webguy

Carl,

Very nice site! Well laid out and easy to navigate.

Could you do me a favor? As VP of the Blastoff Rocket Club of Erie (NAR #543) could I ask you to please include a link to our website with the other NAR sections? Our website is at:

https://frontpage.velocity.net/duane/

Thanks in advance!

Ken Holloway

Ken,

No sweat bro...you got it!!! You have been added to our links page...happy to add ya in there!

I also added FlisKits to the Mfgrs section and sorry, but Magnum HAD to be put at the top of the vendor list...Ross is the FOUNDER of the TMO.

Carl

Originally posted by MarkABrown
Uh, Carl? When I tried it, I got a bunch of errors.
Carl,
I tried it again when I got home last night and everything worked fine. When I got into work again this morning, nothing works. It seems to be something to do with the setup here at work. If nobody else has any problems, don't worry about it. If you need some help trying to debug the problem let me know.

Mark...I have seen that before...check the version of Internet Explorer you are runnung...I am betting it is less than V5.5...

The newer OS's such as Windows 2000 and XP use IE5.5 and IE6 and work without error. I upgraded my Win98 box and it also works well.

Carl

Nice looking site, been added to my personal favs. BTW the site worked fine on Win98/IE6, as promised :)

Originally posted by CTulanko
Mark...I have seen that before...check the version of Internet Explorer you are runnung...I am betting it is less than V5.5...

The newer OS's such as Windows 2000 and XP use IE5.5 and IE6 and work without error. I upgraded my Win98 box and it also works well.

Carl
Nope. I'm running Win2K with IE6. I have all of the latest service packs installed too. The error I got was something like Sybase error - invalid row addressing or something like that.

Originally posted by Mark A Brown

Nope. I'm running Win2K with IE6. I have all of the latest service packs installed too. The error I got was something like Sybase error - invalid row addressing or something like that.

Mark,

I'm running Win2K at work with IE version 5.0 and I'm not having any trouble. It sounds like your company's firewall or virus checking software is not allowing all of the HTML code to pass through. I've had the same problem with other sites from time to time myself.

Ken Holloway, NAR #78336, L-1

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too. However, I've not seen these errors before caused by a firewall. I've attached the html document (with extension renamed to txt) if anyone is interested in seeing what I'm seeing.

Mark,

That's very interesting. I wonder if Carl is using Sybase on the Tripoli Mid-Ohio website or if your company is using it in some sort of filtering software? In either case it looks like lines 36 and 58 are not being passed through to your workstation which could be the cause of all the other error messages.

Ken Holloway, NAR #78336, L-1

Back