TRF secret santa?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, you guys are awesome. im going to work on a thread right now, call it, a participation thread. so far. thanks guys.

Add me in, no restrictions. I can alweays make Santa's gift a launch contest prize.

However a nice 38mm 480N casing would make my 25th....Lovingly used is OK.

A

ok the drawing is starting now, you will be drawn in the order that you signed up. thanks for participating. you will recieve a PM including who you have, their wish list, and their mailing address. have fun!!

ok guys, its ended, every participant should have recieved a PM from me.

shipping gets to be a hassle the closer to chrismas you get, so you'll probably want to get your presents out 2 weeks or more in advance of the holiday. other than that, have some fun!

Hey folks

If you have never posted your name, please send them to Santa (r1dermon) as ordering somthing with a ship to address of:

something like:

RocketWeasel
10 Downing Street
London, England
etc...

Is gonna make a vendor's day, not to mention customs - especially if you have to ship across the border..

He can dole them out to those that need them. Either that or post your name in the thread.

Al

Originally posted by jflis
Please, real names! :)

LOL, so what are you saying..... Rocketmaniac is not a real name? :D:D My own family and friends call me that.........

By the way, can someone refresh my memory...... What vendors are willing to ship gifts for "TRF secret santa"??

Originally posted by n3tjm
Is there a list of what people want somewhere? Or are we buying randomly?

What I did was to search TRF for the person's posts that I'm buying for. That gave me some ideas. Otherwise it's not a surprise!

Can anyone remind me how much we're spending?

From what I remember, it was $10 max. But that is subjective..

$10 US used to be about $150 Canandian, and about 4 pounds steriling..

Give what you feel.
Don't give away siblings.. (not fair to parents)

And I second the call for Vendors to repost..

FlisKits is shipping Secret Santa gifts. Just be sure to let me know that is what it's about or the letter that goes with it will confuse the beejeebers out of the recipient! LOL

jim

i initially said that 10 dollars is the most that is required. but if you feel it necessary to spend a little more, then, its your money, i cant tell you what to do with it.

I'll order my victoms gift Friday, when I get paid :)

Me.. I want a Loki Motor Set, or a Apogge Saturn V, or a LOC Brusier EXP, or.... :D :kill: Just kidding ;)

I have been asked by a few folks about *how* to order Secret Santa stuff from FlisKits. To answer that question for all:

Order in the same manner that you would order kits/parts for yourself. During the "Checkout" proceedure, there is a space for you to leave a note for me, as a part of the order. In this note, mention that this is for the TRF Secret Santa and provide the shipping address of your victi... er, I mean, secret santa rocket friend ( :D ).

When I ship your order, I will let you know via email that it has shipped. All Secret Santa orders will be shipped with an identifier that it is for Secret Santa from TRF and to not open till Christmas.

hope this helps!
jim

Underdog is a willing vendor that will drop ship anything anywhere. We will even give you a 10% discount. Just make sure you say it is a secret santa thing. Thanks.

Do not forget Rockethead Rockets Secert Santa sale. We offer 20% off any of our products with free shipping. On the other manufacturers products we will offer 10% off and $4.30 shipping. We will send them any where in the USA or Canada. If you want it shipped somewhere else we will give you a discount on the shipping. To place a order just e-mail us at [email protected] and we will get back to you with a total.

Tom

I have one question as a vendor shipping are we going to be putting who these are from with the gift?

Originally posted by r1dermon
no, the secret santas will reveal themselves on the forum.

This was my next question:

Should we reveal our identity in the package that we send, or do it here on the forum? Or both?

well, as long as it doesnt have your SN on it its ok. but if people know your name, then it wont work. the whole concept of secret santa is that the recievers dont know who sent them the gift UNTIL christmas. in most versions, people get presents for someone for like...7 days, until christmas. usually its small stuff like candles, candy...etc...but since we're on a forum and its long distance, it can't work that way. so this is how it's being done. when you recieve your present. try to hold off on opening it until christmas, then, once chritmas rolls around i will post a thread for people to reveal who they had, or you guys can just PM each other. either way, it'd be cool if they didnt know until after christmas.

Oh mine went directly from Santa's workshop and we are not telling until december 24th.

A

I'm just finalizing the shipping from my topsecret "Santa's workshop" and it will be on its way to the some "good little boy"!!!!!

Back