Tres mount, code-named Mallard

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see what the cost should be...

For each kit

2 V-2 nose cones @ $5.35 each $10.70
2 V-2 tail cones @ $6.25 each $12.50
Tres motor mount about $3.50
Some BT-20 about a $1.00
2 sections of BT-60 about $2.00
6 fins...let's guess about $1.00
1 parachute/chock cord/Kevlar about $3.00
Bag, instructions(printing), facecard about $2.00
Labor for;
tube cutting, phone calls to parts vendors, bagging parts, printing, getting all this "kit stuff" together, etc...$0.00 (maybe on the next kit you can get paid! :p )

That's...$43.70

The most anyone wants to pay is $35.00

Total Profit...-$8.70 (that's a negative)

Don't quit your day job!;)

Let's see what the cost should be...

For each kit

2 V-2 nose cones @ $5.35 each $10.70
2 V-2 tail cones @ $6.25 each $12.50
Tres motor mount about $3.50
Some BT-20 about a $1.00
2 sections of BT-60 about $2.00
6 fins...let's guess about $1.00
1 parachute/chock cord/Kevlar about $3.00
Bag, instructions(printing), facecard about $2.00
Labor for;
tube cutting, phone calls to parts vendors, bagging parts, printing, getting all this "kit stuff" together, etc...$0.00 (maybe on the next kit you can get paid! :p )

That's...$43.70

The most anyone wants to pay is $35.00

Total Profit...-$8.70 (that's a negative)

Don't quit your day job!;)

remember bulk discounts!

Ben

Yes - I think those might be retail prices. Bulk discounts probably would make this a $5/kit profit. Modest, but it would be good to see the breakdown, but that's most likely classified.

Jason

I wouldn't buy one.

I would buy three.

Yep, I'd probably buy one...at the right price, of course. Great looking rocket!

Just as a courtesy, if I were kitting this I would check with Mr. Flis to see if there were any objections. But personally, I don't see it as a problem.

Yep, I'd probably buy one...at the right price, of course. Great looking rocket!

Just as a courtesy, if I were kitting this I would check with Mr. Flis to see if there were any objections. But personally, I don't see it as a problem.

Actually I would see a problem. If the Tres motor mount isn't available separately you would have to make them (copy them) and that just wouldn't be right.:thehand:

Oh, Geof and I have been talking since before he asked folks about interest :)

We're in discussion and Geof is doing it right. Not to worry :)

jim

I'd seriously consider buying one. I am not that much into scifi or retro looking rockets but this one... Great!

Maybe I need a break from sounding rockets?

...nah, I love those too! :)

I love retro lookiing rockets. Nice work looks great!

P.S. I would buy one too!

Back