Tractive Dog Collar?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris in Idaho

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered, I searched for "tractive" and only found a few passing mentions of it.

Has anybody used a Tractive in their rocket? If so, please tell me about your experience with it.

Yes, there is good cell service at my intended launch field.

Thanks!

They have a smaller cat collar version too... I bought one just to see how well it would work, backup for an Eggfinder of course. Since the app requires Internet access at your launch site, it's going to be of limited use... of the five or six places that I launch at, only two of them have Internet, and one of those only has a 7K waiver.

Chris TCR has cell service onsite at the Sod Farm, and tracking is not a bad thing due to the circle of corn adjacent to the sod circle we fly off.

They have a smaller cat collar version too... I bought one just to see how well it would work, backup for an Eggfinder of course. Since the app requires Internet access at your launch site, it's going to be of limited use... of the five or six places that I launch at, only two of them have Internet, and one of those only has a 7K waiver.
Thanks. They seem to have good reviews from the pet people, but I'm wondering how they would hold up to the higher G forces involved in rocketry. I'd be interested to hear about your experiences with it.

Chris TCR has cell service onsite at the Sod Farm, and tracking is not a bad thing due to the circle of corn adjacent to the sod circle we fly off.
That's exactly what I had in mind. Thanks.

Yes I think it was $12 for a single month. I figure I'll hit a max of two HPR launches per year, so it's a $35 one time purchase and $12 to turn it on for a month.

It would be a pretty cheap stop gap until I get a real tracker later.

So I launched one this morning (along with an Eggtimer Quasar), and it really didn't work very well... but the launch site's Internet access is pretty sketchy. I'll try it again out at ROC next weekend, where they have pretty good Internet.

I launched a Tractive cat tracker in a LOC IV with a J270. Worked great!

Everyone lost sight of the rocket after motor burnout. After a bit of visual searching, I looked at the app, which showed it to the north. Looked that way and saw the rocket before the JLCR released.

It landed not too far away, but without the tracker, we would have been clueless about which way to search.

Latest posts

Back