Tour de Deuce - Revamped!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's the cut so far.

I am refraining from web site work, choosing instead to get the models moving again. With regard to the web site I will be posting a note with a series of specific questions and requests, stay tuned :)

As for getting the models moving again, here's the scoop:

As I understand it, Darwin May has the models in his possession. I also have several folks volunteering to launch.

With spring time weather upon us, this is a great time to get it going again, so let's do it.

Scott Kissinger has volunteered to help with the project and I will accept that offer :) I will be in touch with you via email shortly

PearTree (John) has volunteered for Ohio. I also know of others who have volunteered. I would ask that John contact me via email with your address and proposed dates. Others interested in Ohio can also contact me, but the point man for Ohio will be John (so you would be joining him)

MKP has volunteered for Utah. Please send me an email with your contact information and suggested dates for a launch.

Once I have heard from the two state volunteers above, based on their proposed dates, I will decide who will be first, followed by the other.

While those two states are going on, we can focus on the remainder of the schedule for the rest of the states.

Scott, This is where I will ping you for help. Once we have these first 2 states moving along I would ask that you help me coordinate the remainder of the states as we push towards the completion of the Tour de' Deuce.

More coming so keep watch!
jim

With regard to states already done I still have the following gaps that I hope the TRF community can help me with:
  • Need photo's for Alasak (Vance Wonser)
  • Need photo;s for Colorado (Don and Cathy Toft)
  • Indiana - Need name, date, photo's Greg May, March 18th 2006 - Still need photo's)
  • Need photo's for Maryland (Michael Meyers)
  • Need photos for Connecticut (Bob Allen)
  • Need photo's for N. & S. Dakota (Todd Delain)
  • Need photo's for Pennsylvania (Scott Kissinger)
  • Need photo's for Kansas (Darwin May)+
  • Idaho need confirmation if this was done. If so, need name, date and photo's
  • Wyoming Need confirmation if this was done (may have been done in conjunction with Idaho). If so, need name, date and photo's
  • Louisiana Need confirmation if this was done. If so, need name, date and photo's

Any help with the above would be most appreciated. Photo's can be sent to me via email.

As I gather more information I will schedule some time to update the web site.

Thank you much!
jim

Last edited:
With regard to states already done I still have the following gaps that I hope the TRF community can help me with:
  • Need photo's for Alasak (Vance Wonser)
  • Need photo;s for Colorado (Don and Cathy Toft)
  • Indiana - Need name, date, photo's Greg May, March 18th 2006 - Still need photo's)
  • Need photo's for Maryland (Michael Meyers)
  • Need photos for Connecticut (Bob Allen)
  • Need photo's for N. & S. Dakota (Todd Delain)
  • Need photo's for Pennsylvania (Scott Kissinger)
  • Need photo's for Kansas (Darwin May)+
  • Idaho need confirmation if this was done. If so, need name, date and photo's
  • Wyoming Need confirmation if this was done (may have been done in conjunction with Idaho). If so, need name, date and photo's
  • Louisiana Need confirmation if this was done. If so, need name, date and photo's
Any help with the above would be most appreciated. Photo's can be sent to me via email.

As I gather more information I will schedule some time to update the web site.

Thank you much!
jim

You have mail....:D I sent you pictures from PA's launch. If you need anything else let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon on keeping this going.

Ah, Jim, look earlier in the thread for the only surviving CT photo. Trying to recover more, but its a slow process. Damaged camera and a scratched disk.

You have mail....:D I sent you pictures from PA's launch. If you need anything else let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon on keeping this going.

I was wondering if the models have been sent to the next flyer yet...

My fault probably, but no. I thought I had a date that would work but couldn't go. If MKP is ready, skip me and do Utah first.

Sorry.

Will have some information in the next day or two :)

jim

(oh God! Now I've gone an made a commitment... jeeze, when will I learn!??! :D )

Yeah, well I hit another snag with the work on the Saturn 1B... Another case of "work" getting in the way. Just that work is rocketry also... :)

Keep watch though. It hasn't halted!

Yeah, well I hit another snag with the work on the Saturn 1B... Another case of "work" getting in the way. Just that work is rocketry also... :)

Keep watch though. It hasn't halted!

Jim,

If you want help with this drop the info and I will get this rolling for you.

For the historical record, I did the TDD in Georgia (name was missing by the state).

Keith Stewart

Jim,
I am still available to help you out on keep this going. It was good to meet you at LDRS. I wish I knew you where only going to be there one day. I wanted to get one of the lighthouses before you left. I will have to get one from you at Naram.

Jim,
I am still available to help you out on keep this going. It was good to meet you at LDRS. I wish I knew you where only going to be there one day. I wanted to get one of the lighthouses before you left. I will have to get one from you at Naram.

We were SCHEDULED to be there for THREE days... We just couldn't get to the darned field for the first two...

I will be taking you up on your offer, believe me. Right now we're just getting past our Saturn 1B announcement (will pass our 100th kit this week) and have 3 other kits we're getting ready for NARAM along with two library classes this week and the Boston Childrens Museum on Friday, club launch on Saturday....... (and *that's* just THIS week... LOL)

jim

Hey Jim,

It's been a while since I poked my head in here...I just haven't been focusing on rocketry hardly at all recently.

Is there anything I can do to help out?

Jason

I had these made this summer. The first shirt had a flaw that was fixed so I had 5 more made. Its nice to go somewhere and wear our T-shirts. Sure hope this gets going again...Merry Christmas to all.:hohoho:

Larry

Tour De Deuce T- Shirt 001.jpg

Tour De Deuce T- Shirt 002.jpg

I wish I had the time or energy to get this rolling again. I've not been active in rocketry at all since last summer and that was only to launch a few LPR at the local park. I am sorry and I sincerely apologize to all those that have invested their time and energy in the project.

Please, if there is any way that I can help the project and anyone that would like to step up and take charge, I will be willing and very able, please contact me by e-mail.

Thanks,
Jason

What Jason said :)

Jason, actually I have a couple of names of folks who have offered and I dropped the ball (yet again).

Folks, pipe up here again and let's see what we can do!

What Jason said :)

Jason, actually I have a couple of names of folks who have offered and I dropped the ball (yet again).

Folks, pipe up here again and let's see what we can do!

Jim,
My offer to help you with this still stands.

I too have offered to help. One of the things I will do is make MA the next to the last stop, and NH the last stop lol

Hey Jim, I think you have your TWO volunteers:) I sure hope this gets up and running again. I knew it would probably take more than the two years originally scheduled, but not six.

Larry

Going, Going, Going...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Gone?

Going, Going, Going...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Gone?

Actually, there are some plans in the works... Jim and I have exchanged some emails regarding the idea of crossing New Mexico off the tour's "states to do" list by flying the Tour de Deuce at National Sport Launch 2010 in Alamogordo next month. Jim likes the idea and has pledged to ship the two rockets out to me for that purpose, but we've both been too busy with NSL and non-NSL projects to make any public announcements about it... until now, when I noticed that a new post had been added to this thread relatively recently.

You're invited come watch, of course... check out our website at nsl2010.com for information on all the fun launch events (and tours!) we have planned. I'm getting ready to post a general update over on the NSL 2010 thread, so check back there in a day or so.

- Jim Basler
NSL 2010 Event Director

Ok, here we go! :) Only a year since I STARTED this darned thread... LOL But, what can you do...

The list at the beginning of this thread hasn't changed as we haven't moved forward since creating and updating it to get it right.

That will change next month when New Mexico gets crossed off that list and goes to the "Done" pile :)

I am hoping that Scott Kissinger's offer to help is still there. Scott, assuming so would you please send me an email as I want to coordinate with you what needs to take place as we put the two Deuce's back into motion. I will be shipping them to NM next week.

I will also be pinging folks with regard to pictures (not yet, I need to update the site first). There are some pictures I am missing and, unfortunately, I have hosed my inbox so any pictures that I was sent that I didn't save to disk are gone.

I never did get a definitive for Idaho, Louisiana nor Wyoming and would rather they fly TWICE in those states than not at all. Any info on those states would be greatly appreciated.

I will be coordinating with my sticker printer to get stickers printed out for this effort. I will be sending 4-5 stickers out to each state coordinator. I may be putting up a request for addresses for folks. I will have to see what I have in my collection of data.

With 14 of fewer states left I would like to see if we can vamp this up enough to finish next year.

After NM I would like to focus on Rhode Island, Idaho, Wyoming, Ohio, delaware and W. Virginia as the other states can fly later in the year so winter won't stall things as much as trying to fly in the north country.

Now, if life and work would just stop getting in the way... :)

Thank you all for your patience and for occasionally pinging this thread to keep me honest!

jim

Back