Titebond Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
I use Titebond II for most builds because it is tacky and sets up quick

I use Titebond III when I need more working time

I use Titebond Molding and Trim for fillets

Is there a special property or quality to the original Titebond I that is useful in contrast to the other products?

My father explained it this way. He was an avid woodworker but since moved on to other hobbies.

Original Titebond (red label): strong bond and fast dry time with good sandibility

Titebond II(blue label): adds water resistance to original titebond. I also read on their website that is is food safe.

Titebond III: Similar properties to II but longer work time.

Super Titebond Glue: Long work time and high moisture and heat resistance.

I also use the mold and trip for filler. I just noticed that they make constructions adhesives also. Please correct me if I have any of those wrong.

My father explained it this way. He was an avid woodworker but since moved on to other hobbies.

I also use the mold and trip for filler. I just noticed that they make constructions adhesives also. Please correct me if I have any of those wrong.

That is pretty much the impression I got from the web info. It made me wonder if there is ever any reason to use I instead of II or III.

That is pretty much the impression I got from the web info. It made me wonder if there is ever any reason to use I instead of II or III.

I personally would avoid the original because it is less water / humidity resistant.

The glue color doesn't matter, few coats of primer takes care of that, unless you just don't like looking at yellow glue while building your rocket. :)

That is certainly true. I use Titebond II and III mostly. I acquired a bucket of Super Titebond that was left at a construction site. I may try it.

The glue color doesn't matter, few coats of primer takes care of that, unless you just don't like looking at yellow glue while building your rocket. :)

True, to a point... but it COULD be quite useful for repairs when you don't want to have to sand and repaint...

Later! OL JR :)

Back