Tiny Pterodactyl?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by richalex2010
What casing is the G77 for? I love Redlines, just don't have enough money to get the HPR stuff yet...

I love redline motors too just for there big red flame. But remember this Red Line motors cost more then lets say White lightning. I bought a H180W for 21 dollars but when I bought a H210R it was 25 dollars.

That is not always the case - the H123W for my cert cost $20, as did the H148R that I flew next (both 38/240).

Originally posted by Rocket Guy 1317
I love redline motors too just for there big red flame. But remember this Red Line motors cost more then lets say White lightning. I bought a H180W for 21 dollars but when I bought a H210R it was 25 dollars.

The H210 probably had a bigger grain than the H180 did. Ithat is how it is with the E reloads and F reloads for the 24/40 casing.

Originally posted by richalex2010
The H210 probably had a bigger grain than the H180 did. Ithat is how it is with the E reloads and F reloads for the 24/40 casing.

The H210 and H180 both go in the same motor casing the 29/240 either Dr Rocket or Aerotech.

In general, redlines cost slightly more.

However, the price difference between the H180W and the H210R is exacerbated because the H210R requires a phenolic liner instead of the H180W's paper liner.

That's one reason I switched to the 38mm Hs. The other reason is that 38mm RL and WL motors burn more slowly for the same total impulse and I like slower burning motors.

-- Jim

Nope, although the 29/120 does share it's closures with the rest of the HPR 29mm line.

So if I got a casing and closures, I could then swap out the closures with any other 29mm casing (other than the 29/40-120), correct?

Exactly. Any of them from 29/60 to 29/360 (other than the 40-120).

I'm not sure - the only place I can find it (AT, not Dr Rocket) is at Wildman, and they only have the case (w/out closures). I got mine (Serial #31 from Dr Rocket) at the LHS.

I wasn't able to locate a rocksim file for the Tiny Pterodactyl anywhere so i did recreate it. Its not perfect but its a great place to start, might as well share it

Attachments

• Tiny Pterodactyl.rkt
    526.6 KB · Views: 0
Back