Thrustcurve.org Shout Out

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
I recently used the motor guide that is available at ThrustCurve.org.

It was very helpful to get a lot of baseline data for a project I am working on. It was great tool to quickly generate "ball park" estimates for speed and altitude. I was able to easily dump the data into Excel to further my analysis.

Greg

Right on bud! Cheers for ThrustCurve-just used it 20 mins ago 'cuz the build turned heavy and moved away from my original forecast. Turns out I do have a motor on hand to lift the pig! Rock on ThrustCurve and thanks to John for all his hard work over the years!
Up in the air, junior birdmen! -Dave-

yep. Thrust curve is my Go-To site for doing a "quick and dirty"
Later, I use OR.

I really like Thrustcurve..

I place a cheap keychain cam on my rocket and use the video to help me determine the drag coefficient.

I use the timer on the cam to do this..

Grim

Right on. The Motor Guide is the best tool to efficiently sort through the huge number of motors currently available. Changing through many motors is downright tedious in any other simulator.

I really like Thrustcurve..

I place a cheap keychain cam on my rocket and use the video to help me determine the drag coefficient.

I use the timer on the cam to do this..

Grim

Um, how? Are you backing out Cd from a simulation by using the measured time to apogee?

"Look here Max- somethings just aren't what they seem. Take a look at this key fob for instance...."
"Yes, Chief-it's another instance of evil use for those darn Chinese Homewreckers..it's the old "figuring co-efficent of drag using a video camera" trick..isn't it?"
Chief:"uh, Max?
Max: "It's okay, chief, I just use a ruler..a really long ruler..right here in my shoe"

"Look here Max- somethings just aren't what they seem. Take a look at this key fob for instance...."
"Yes, Chief-it's another instance of evil use for those darn Chinese Homewreckers..it's the old "figuring co-efficent of drag using a video camera" trick..isn't it?"
Chief:"uh, Max?
Max: "It's okay, chief, I just use a ruler..a really long ruler..right here in my shoe"

"Would you believe ..."

Yes. If you learn enough rocketry, you eventually will "Get Smart". ;)

Back