Tenax application ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a bottle of Tenax7R off flea-bay to use on some Estes plastic. What is the best application method/tool for this cement?
disposable pipettes? Does it have a rod in the cap like the iodine of old?
I did a search and all I found was that it comes highly recommended, not how to use it.

Thank you for your continued support!!!

Terry

It's been a while since I have used it, but this is what I would do:

Get a small model paint brush that, if you ruin, would not be a big deal to lose.

Brush on both sides, then wait about ~15 seconds (or until the plastic softens), then bond.

It's fairly volatile, so you want to keep the cap on tight, too.

Greg

I didn't know that!

I've never used the stuff but somehow had the idea that you put the plastic together, brush it on and let it wick into the joint.

I didn't know that!

I've never used the stuff but somehow had the idea that you put the plastic together, brush it on and let it wick into the joint.

Yup, that's the way you do it. Trim the parts for a tight fit then wick the Tenax into the join. Capillary action draws it along the join from the application point. A small brush works well, but if you're going to be using it a lot I recommend something like this applicator from Micro-Mark.

Yup, that's the way you do it. Trim the parts for a tight fit then wick the Tenax into the join. Capillary action draws it along the join from the application point. A small brush works well, but if you're going to be using it a lot I recommend something like this applicator from Micro-Mark.

200 + plastic scale model aircraft and 20 bottles of Tenax7 (probably more) the Touch n Flow applicator is my favorite tool to use ,very accurate placement of the liquid, could not model without it ,including rockets.

Paul T

I can not agree more ... The touch n' flow is the way to go. As a plastic modeler my self, the touch n' flow is by far the best way to use liquid cement. I do not know how I got by with out it.

200 + plastic scale model aircraft and 20 bottles of Tenax7 (probably more) the Touch n Flow applicator is my favorite tool to use ,very accurate placement of the liquid, could not model without it ,including rockets.

Paul T

Latest posts

Back