Telescopic tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iter

HPR Glider Driver
Reaction score
I have a project in mind that needs 5 sections of tube that can fit inside each other. Kind of like a coupler inside a BT, but then I need a couple inside the coupler and so forth.

Does this exist?

Ari.

You did not mention size?

But yes it exists....at least 4 sizes do, & I have them.

The smallest will take a 38mm nose cone with a wrap or 2 of tape, depending on the brand. This one is a Wildman cone.
Largest is phenolic, then cardboard/paper, phenolic , cardboard/paper.

They all nest together perfectly & are 48in. [4ft] long. I paid 8.00 @ or 32.00 for the set, for a project I lost interest in. There yours if you can use them.... for what I paid. You are on your own to find the 5th.LOL.

You can click on pics to enlarge and read ruler.

DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0741.jpg

Last edited:
How about that! Looking very neat. Wonder if you can disclose your source. I'm looking for ~4" tube. This is just a tad small. But tempting.

Ari.

I would if I could, just don't remember.
I was at a NSL launch back in 2007 or 8. There were 20-30 vendors there. One guy had crate after crate of every size tubing imaginable I just grabbed 1 tube & started going through boxes till I found 4 that fit.
I just don't know who it was, sorry.

I have a project in mind that needs 5 sections of tube that can fit inside each other. Kind of like a coupler inside a BT, but then I need a couple inside the coupler and so forth.

Does this exist?

Ari.

How about that! Looking very neat. Wonder if you can disclose your source. I'm looking for ~4" tube. This is just a tad small. But tempting.

Ari.

That's a piece of information you should've included in your first post. :wink:

Back