Tailcone botch/problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fe Dude

Reaction score
Well, despite my best efforts I managed to botch the tail cone on my 3" darkstar. I figured I might be getting some snap ring hardware, so I fitted the centering rings and MMT to what I thought was the proper length....

When I use the spacer ring supplied with the tail cone everything fits like a glove (as it should, because that's what I used to fit and measure). BUT when I slide in a loki case, the case has room to move around, and when I use the spacer ring (supposed to be used with AT and CTI motors) there is a gap between the tail cone and the bottom of the booster tube.

Now: The gap seems to be about half the width of the spacer ring, what is the best way to either cut the ring down to size, or manufacture a similar ring to make everything fit nice and purdy?

Try sliding the ring down from the top of the motor and slid up to the top side of the snap ring. I had tot do that with a Gorllia motor once.

Back