Steampunk Style Rocket Lamp

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could one of you proud owners of the Walmart lamp do me a favor and measure the distance between the 45 degree elbow and the T-fitting?

Seems like a good 3D printing project if you want one, but don't want to buy one and then have to fix the things you don't like. Yep, it would still be plastic, but it would be a neat kit build. I figure most people around here would be up to that task.

I know there are some high temperature SLA resins and assume there would be similar for filament printers. Now just to figure out who would make the model. . .above my pay grade on that one, as I haven't done well with 3D printing for some reason. . .

Cool find and definitely an inspiration to make something inspired by it whenever I get out of my current overload. . .

Do I need this? No. Is it cool? A quad cluster rocket lamp? Definitely YES. It's Odd-Roc Cool

And for $42 bucks shipped right to your door... why not? You literally couldn't scratch build this yourself for $42.00. No way, no how.

Walmart Steampunk Odd-Roc Lamp

View attachment 577746
When you reach a certain (old) age, you realize that shortly, all the shi...stuff you buy like this, after your funeral your kids will say "Now why the hell did Dad buy crap like this?" Meanwhile, some Asian factory folk are saying, "Why do those crazy Yanks buy crap like this?" Not to rain on anyone's parade...

I wonder if someone was wondering the internet discovered this place and realized how much money they could make selling lamps to these sucks…

If that’s a rear air and water tight light fixture it’s a great deal. Sadly we use these a lot at work so I don’t want one in my home.

Back